Customer Cost For Baby Converse?

Decorating By cakedout Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 2:06am by doitallmom

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 8

OK, it's probably been discussed before, but what do JodiF, stellastarchild, JennerRed01, and others who make the Baby Converse shoes charge for them?

I'm making several cold porcelain pairs for baby gifts- with baby's name written on the sole and packaged in a clear cello box w/ bow.

I'm thinking I'd sell them to customers for $25.00 -does that sound reasonable? Too much?

thanks.

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 8

I think it sounds reasonable. I sold mine for 10.00 but the whole time I was making them (and wanting to throw them across the room) I was thinking, wow I really should charge more for these. They were a pain!!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 8

25???? Where are you? next time I need some I'll call you and order them for cheap. Then charge the customer double!!

cakedout Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 8

chutzpah- ROFLMBO!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm in "cheap country" - Lancaster County, PA...where they want it, but they want it cheap!

Geez....$50???? icon_eek.gif Holy Cow- I live in the WRONG place!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 8

mmmmm......I don't think I'm the right one to ask. I charged $75 for the baby shower cake with the little converse shoes...*lol*

*hanging head* I'm not exactly great with charging what I should for my cakes.

Though, I will say, all the people who've saved it as a favorite and left nice comments have meant more to me than money. thumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1207074

cakedout Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:05am
post #6 of 8

Oh JodieF, those little shoes are the most adorable things ever! I can't help but squeal with delight when I finish a pair! icon_razz.gif

Thanks to you and the others for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:20am
post #7 of 8

I would never have tried them without Stellastarchilds template. She's the one that deserves the thanks! thumbs_up.gif

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:06am
post #8 of 8

I've always wanted to know what you all charge for those great little 'tiny shoes'! I'm going to try some soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%