What Do You Use To Clean Your Shower Doors?

Lounge By butternut Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 2:24am by manahigh

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 12

We just got shower doors put in for the first time and I'm wondering what is the best cleaner to use on them? I tried Scrubbing Bubbles and it seemed to leave the glass a bit hazy. If you have shower doors, I really would appreciate any advice on what works best for you. Also, I've always used Scrubbing Bubbles on my bathroom wall tile but if anyone knows of something better, please share with me. Thanks sooooooo much!!!

11 replies
Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 12

I use Comet spray cleaner. Works wonderful and is only a little over 2 bucks at Wal-Mart.

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 12

We use a squeege to wipe the glass everytime we shower. It helps to keep the glass clean longer and you don't get water spots.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 12

I like the Comet bathroom cleaner spray, too.

Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 12

Mr. Clean magic eraser

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 12

I actually use and old bath scrubbie and shampoo. I clean them when I'm in the shower and rinse them down before I get out.

Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 12

Mr. Clean magic eraser

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 12

my husband .... icon_biggrin.gif

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 12

arm and hammer scrub free bathroom cleaner with oxy clean.
Yellow spray bottle less than $2 at walmart.
spray the whole shower go back 30 minutes later and wipe with rag. You wouldn't believe how well it works!

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:14pm
post #10 of 12

I also use the shampoo and a scrubber; just be careful not to use anything too potent. I once used Greased Lightening and the doors ended up so hazy they were ruined - it cuts into the grain or something. thumbsdown.gif

Anyway, another safe bet is steam or vinegar. thumbs_up.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:51am
post #11 of 12

Once again, you guys have been a great help. Thank you soooooo much for all of your help. MissT you brought up a really good point about some of the products being too harsh such as the Greased Lightening. I had already purchased some because two of the people who placed the wall tile told us that it was the best thing to use and also recommended that it be used on the shower door. I'm so glad that I haven't used it and now I surely won't. Again, thanks to each and every one of you. I really appreciate your help...

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 2:24am
post #12 of 12

I have found that prevention is the easiest way to keep shower doors clean. I have always squeegeed after each shower and then wiped down the glass doors with my bath towel after drying myself. I've been doing this for 10 years and it looks as good as the day it was installed. Best of all I don't have to spend hours and money scrubbing it out all the time. Just a quick clean out with soft scrub once a month does it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%