Cake Mix Cookies Questions

Baking By playingwithsugar Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 6:01pm by cai0311

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:19am
post #91 of 120

I asked this over on another thread, but haven't received an answer...
I have an 'apple cinnamon fat-free' muffin mix my mother in law didn't want. Has anyone tried making cookies with a muffin mix?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:35pm
post #92 of 120

I have not tried that but it sounds like a good way to use up some mixes, If you do try let us know please.
Maybe they would just get puffier? Or maybe your on to a whole new craze he he! Muffin mix cookies !!!

7yyrt Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:53am
post #93 of 120

Bumping. Lots of questions about these, lately.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:33am
post #94 of 120

My favorite way to make cake mix cookies is to add White chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts to the devils food cake mix cookie recipe.

After the cookies have cooled I make them into ice cream sandwiches with softened french vanilla ice cream. Smash them together a little bit so that the ice cream bulges slightly from between the cookies, then roll the ice cream edge in chopped macadamia nuts and mini chocolate chips. put them in the freezer to firm up then seal them in ziplock baggies and back to the freezer.

It is also pretty awesome made with coffee flavored ice cream for a great adult ice cream sandwich.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #95 of 120

Oh JaimeAnn... I am SO gonna do that. YUM!

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 8:48pm
post #96 of 120

YUM YUM YUM I want some NOW!

7yyrt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 10:46pm
post #97 of 120

Image Christmas cookie time is coming!

Melvira Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:05pm
post #98 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I asked this over on another thread, but haven't received an answer...
I have an 'apple cinnamon fat-free' muffin mix my mother in law didn't want. Has anyone tried making cookies with a muffin mix?

Whatever happened with this? Did you try it? Let us know! thumbs_up.gif

7yyrt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:50pm
post #99 of 120

Hubby mixed it with pumpkin puree and extra spices and took them to work.
I have no idea how they tasted, there weren't any left for me!

Melvira Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:18pm
post #100 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Hubby mixed it with pumpkin puree and extra spices and took them to work.
I have no idea how they tasted, there weren't any left for me!

Well, I think that speaks for itself, eh? thumbs_up.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:24pm
post #101 of 120

This is insane! What a neat thing. I have my first batch in the oven right now. going simple with a yellow cake mix and hoping for that "to die for gooey butter cookie"...LOL

I has anyone topped these with RI?

Hey 7yyrt I always make muffin mix pan cakes. icon_wink.gif And turn oatmeal muffin mix into fantastically amazing pumpkin bread.

7yyrt Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:39pm
post #102 of 120

Do you do anything special to the mix?

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:42pm
post #103 of 120

How about a yellow cake mix, almond extract, coconut and crushed pineapple, Drained well? This is so yummy, I just love it. My mom had a recipe for a Hawaiian drop cookie that was from scratch and every time I made it I did not like them, but when she made them they were wonderful and soft. Well this combo taste just like them only easier.

sadsmile Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #104 of 120

Yeah these are so good. I was thinking about adding macadamia nut pieces and chips.

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:43pm
post #105 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne914

I was reading Bakerella's Blog today and she was talking about pumpkin choc. chip cookies. Many of her posters said they used this cake mix recipe:

I just made some Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies yesterday.

1 box spice cake mix
1 can 29 oz pumpkin
11 oz bag of chocolate chips

Combine Cake mix and Pumpkin, then stir in the chocolate chips.
The recipe calls for baking them on 400 for 20 minutes but mine burnt on the bottom so I reduced the temperature.

I have never made cake mix cookies before, but after reading this thread,
I see that all of you DO add oil and eggs to the cake mix. Will the above recipe still work???? Even with just a dry cake mix and some pumpkin?
Has anyone every tried this? I do really like the sound of a pumpkin and choc chip cookie, but I'm not sure which way to go now...OIL or NO OIL, that is the question!! icon_smile.gif

I made these and did not like them at all. They turn out like cakes instead of cookies.

sadsmile Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:59pm
post #106 of 120

oil would make them morelike cookies.

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 7:46pm
post #107 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrabill

Speaking of cake mix cookies.. I make these alllll the time and top them with cream cheese icing. I first use them as cake batter, and there is always a ton left over, so I just plop them on a cookie sheet and start baking icon_smile.gif This cake turns out pretty dense and it's one of my staples.

1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground cloves
2easpoon ground nutmeg
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with out pudding in the mix (white will work too!)
1 package pumpkin spice pudding (If you don't have it in your area, I'm sure you can substitute any flavor and just add more spice)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk (I usually eyeball this because it's essentailly only to help with the consistency of the cake)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 2 8 inch pans. Whisk together the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding and oil. Beat in the eggs, then fold in the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the vanilla. Add optional milk if thinning of batter is needed.
Bake for 30 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

---And for the cookies, I usually bake around 10 minutes. I believe my oven is a bit hot though. I also top them with cream cheese icing.

Btw, these are VERY cakey, and delicious!

icon_smile.gif

Oh these sound so yummy!!

Thanks for the Christmas bump of this thread.. Some how I over looked it ..

7yyrt Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:43pm
post #108 of 120

Baked up some this morning. Yellow cake mix with toasted coconut, chopped cherries, and chopped toasted almonds (and the extracts too). Nummy!

Hubby's taking them along to the old folks apartment house tonight when he delivers meals. Chocolate/butterscotch chip and NFSC, too.

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:04am
post #109 of 120

OK, stupid question....are you mixing these like you would for a cake mix (30 seconds, 2 minutes...) or just stirring the stuff together?

sadsmile Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:52am
post #110 of 120

I mixed the wet stuff and just stirred in the cake mix till absorbed and it worked great!

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 2:05am
post #111 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I mixed the wet stuff and just stirred in the cake mix till absorbed and it worked great!

Thanks!!

7yyrt Posted 9 May 2010 , 7:48pm
post #112 of 120

Bumping up thread for mirda6275.

7yyrt Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 1:50am
post #113 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybr218

How about a yellow cake mix, almond extract, coconut and crushed pineapple, Drained well? This is so yummy, I just love it. My mom had a recipe for a Hawaiian drop cookie that was from scratch and every time I made it I did not like them, but when she made them they were wonderful and soft. Well this combo taste just like them only easier.

teddybr218, can you tell me how much pineapple you use; a can, or just until it looks right?
The old folks deserve some tropical cookies next week, and this one came to mind.

Pineapple, almond and coconut sounds so cooling.

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:25am
post #114 of 120

I use a regular sized can of crushed pineapple, not the tuna sized one, the bigger one. Clear as mud? icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:26am
post #115 of 120

Close enough, thanks for answering.

We'll be baking the cookies tomorrow for delivery on Monday.

7yyrt Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 5:44am
post #116 of 120

Image Tis the season!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:48pm
post #117 of 120

Hey if this has a google doc, let me know and I'll add it to the list! icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:47pm
post #118 of 120

I'm assuming it doesn't, BWB.
I took a look on my hard drive and found no sign of it. I'm sure I would have a copy if there was one.

7yyrt Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:35am
post #119 of 120

I posted a Cherry Chocolate Cookies recipe (on page 6) two years ago...
and just made them as a bar cookie in a jelly roll pan, with 6 pulverized candy canes in the batter instead of cherries and coconut, and candy cane flavor Hershey Kisses dotting the top of each cookie bar. The dough raised up around the kisses, sinking them in a little bit.

The peppermint scent was very strong and you could smell them as soon as they entered the room.
I had been afraid that 6 candy canes wasn't enough, but we tasted the edges without the Kisses, and the peppermint flavor came through beautifully.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 6:01pm
post #120 of 120

My mom makes these great orange/coconut cookies from a yellow cake mix, but they give me the worst heartburn in a matter of seconds. I guess that is a good thing because I could eat an entire batch by myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%