How To Overlay Gumpaste Evenly

Decorating By Mystic Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm by Mystic

Mystic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystic Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 6

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Ok, so I am doing the new coach bag, Yahhhhh...icon_biggrin.gif however I can't seem to get my straps to lay evenly on top of one another. I do have the ribbon cutter tool, however, when I pick up the pink one to place on top of the white one its not even (a little wavy). Or is there an even better way to mimic the two tone straps of this bag without having to overlay the gumpaste? by the way I am making my straps to stay up and I'm not doing the black side to the straps.

I was thinking maybe paint it on but I don't think it will be even because I have to paint while bent - not straight, and how would I get into the crevasses of the "middle" handle. Any suggestions....

Thank you CC family in advance I know you will come to my rescue. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

5 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 6

Hi,

I have always used a Ruler and a Pizza cutter to cut my strips. The Wilton Roller I have NEVER stays stable while I am cutting so that it probably where your wave is coming from. If you have cut your White with the Roller, Cut the pink with a ruller to the dimension you need (about a 1/8 of an inch less wide than what your white peice is). That's what I would do. Good luck!

Mystic Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks you so much milissasmom,

My strips come out even because I press my roller against something as a guide, the problem comes in when I transport the one to lay on the other.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 6

Agter you cut the pink strip roll it up and place it on top of the white then unroll it. That should help keep it from streaching and being wavy on the edges

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 6

icon_smile.gif

I do the same way that tiggy does icon_smile.gif

I have a piece of wax paper the length I need the stripe... dust it a little with ps.... lay on top of strip.. roll up... transfer it icon_smile.gif

Or even have you thought about maybe letting them dry in the position you need it off the cake?

Mystic Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 6

Great thinking you guys, Thanks I knew my CC family would come to my rescue. I'm so glad I'm up and running again (internet/computer) I've been out of commission for a long while. But now I'm back full throttle.

Thanks again for such wisdom icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%