Doll Cake

Decorating By jenz5153 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm by krystyne_wilson

jenz5153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenz5153 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone! I am attempting to make my first Cinderella doll cake. I bought the Cinderella barbie doll and I have the dress cake pan. Now should I just shove the barbie into the cake or do I have to remove her legs? I don't want to break the cake!

6 replies
mommakeef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakeef Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 7

Unless you have a base cake to sit her on, her legs will be too long for the dress pan. If you do have the base cake, you CAN fit the doll w/legs into the cake..just do it slowly! icon_smile.gif And wrap her legs in plastic wrap so it's not so messy once she's out! You can always get one of the doll picks and switch heads, this works pretty well too!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 7

Hi jenz5153, I've made a few of these before and what I do is to take off the legs and wrap the lower torso with plastic wrap before placing into the covered cake.

jenz5153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenz5153 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks so much!! I'm so glad I asked!! I guess I will try to take the legs off!

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 7

I've always used a base cake, either an 8 inch round, or cupcakes. Both times I've made them, the barbie has been part of the gift so I didn't want to remove body parts...

One suggestion that may help is to core out the dress before inserting the doll, if her legs are on. Otherwise the cake might crack!

chrisdtoni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisdtoni Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 7

Hi. I've made a cinderella doll cake and just did a hula girl cake recently. In both, I hollowed out the center of the cake and taped the doll's legs together to make her as narrow as possible. As the previous poster, I wanted to keep the doll intact as the recipient of the cake can enjoy the doll later! You just have to make sure the cake is tall enough because those dolls have some long legs! I also feel it's better to use the entire doll or at least a doll pick because there is virtually no way the doll will shift/move at all once she's in place-if you took off her legs, there's not much holding her in place....

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 7

Yippee!!! I was wondering how they got the full size Barbie in the cake, just add an 8" underneath! They look better than the doll picks and can be played with later! Thanks for sharing this y'all! usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%