Berries On Cake In Summer

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 2:06pm by jammjenks

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

So I am going to try to attach a copy of the picture the bride sent me. She would really like to keep the fruit on the cake. But I am worried that the fruit will not last or will 'bleed/run' into the buttercream icing or will be to wilted by then. We do not have the best fruit selection at the best of times. If I were able to find great fruit how would I be able to keep it fresh and have it not ruin my icing. Or do you think that there are some fake fruit that I could get from a craft store. Or would that look cheap?

Thanks,
Janice
LL

4 replies
matwogirls Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:43am
post #2 of 5

anyone?

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 5

Is this for outdoors?

If so, and the fruit sits for many hours, it and the leaves will get wilty I am sure. The fruit will bleed less if set on the leaves instead of right on the icing of it can be helped.

Any way at all to put the fruit etc. on like an hour before the cutting or right as the reception starts?

I always worry with fresh fruits that they will get weird...much luck, I hope others have good ideas/experiences.

matwogirls Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 5:02am
post #4 of 5

thanks for helping me. The wedding is mid august and is indoors so I at least don't need to worry about the sun. But I would probably be assembling early/mid afternoon and the supper and guests would start to arrive around 5:30 supper at 6:30. with them cutting the cake around 9:00 or so.

Janice

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 5

Try it out and see. What if you took a blob of bc on a saucer and put the type of fruit that you would want to use? Let it sit for 6 hrs or so and see what happens. I have used faux grapes on a bc cake before and they looked very elegant. You will have to find some that look realistic. If you don't, then it will definately make your cake look bad/cheap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%