I Just Had To Share The News!

Decorating By edith123 Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm by mkolmar

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 31

My dear cc friends, I'm so happy that I just had to share my news with you! you see my "dh" and I have been living together for quite a long time "(we are not actually married)" he had been asking me for a while to get married but I wanted to buy the house first and a few other life necessities.

Well I finally agree that now it's the right time and we are getting married in August (we already have our house) our children are so happy and we all are very exited! I'm 35 years old, but I feel like a 20 year old bride.

I feel very lucky that I'm fortunate enough to still have my parents with me and all my family to share this day with us, our two boys will be the best men and our little girl will be the flower girl! icon_biggrin.gif

I can not tell you how exited we are, I don't know who's more exited our kids or us. I'm sorry that I'm going on and on but thank you so much for letting me share my news with you guys, I know this is not cake related but still I'm happy. icon_lol.gif

Well actually it is cake related now that I think of it! Because with all the excitement I forgot to mention that I will be making my own wedding cake! icon_biggrin.gif Once again thank-you for being like another family to me, My cake family thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

30 replies
OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 31

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting, and to make your own wedding cake! I love it! =)

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 31

What a nice post. All the best to you and your family!! So does that mean you're inviting the whole CC community to the wedding? That's going to take A LOT of cake!! : )

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 31

AWWWWWWW!!! That is so wonderful, CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's always wonderful to hear such uplifting news these days. I wish you all the happiness in the world!!!!

Jessica icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 31

I'm so happy for you and your little family!
Your signature tells all!
Congrats,
Maria

cherylgeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherylgeorge Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 31

CONGRATULATIONS ! And the Best to You and Your Family !!!

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 31

Congrats on your big day! August sure isn't far away- how exciting!! Good luck with all your planning and your cake! icon_smile.gif

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:32pm
post #8 of 31

CONGRATS !!!!!! I am so glad to hear such great news and good luck with the wedding and I know the cake will be spectacular! icon_lol.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:33pm
post #9 of 31

CONGRATULATIONS......and to have your children as your best men and flower girl...what could be better. That is so exciting.

Happiness always to all of you.

edith123 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:40pm
post #10 of 31

You guys are awesome! I truly from the bottom of my heart wish I could have you all share this day with me! but I know with your thoughts and your heart you will be! I'm writing this to you with tears on my eyes from happiness as I read all your good wishes.

Once again from the bottom of my heart I thank-you! my dear friends! icon_smile.gif

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 31

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Now tell us about the cake! what do you have in mind???

icon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:44pm
post #12 of 31

I'm very happy for you! Congratulations to you and your fiance!

You are very brave, deciding to make your own wedding cake. It is a task that, even with years of experience, I would never take on for myself.

You should start asking for advice on creating a time line from the pros here on CC.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

rlviescas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlviescas Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm
post #13 of 31

Congratulations on your news! I am so very excited for you! Can't wait to see the pics of the cake. Any ideas yet on what you want to do?

Renee

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:47pm
post #14 of 31

Congrats and good luck with the cake post a picture for us!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

edith123 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #15 of 31

Wow! you are right! with all the excitement I haven't really thought about flavors or designs or anything? great! now I'm really nervous I think I really need to sit down and start thinking. any suggestions from all of you would be greatly appreciated.

OMG! I think it's barely hitting me now!!!!!!oh no, HELP! icon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #16 of 31

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ........... icon_biggrin.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:55pm
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by edith123

You guys are awesome! I truly from the bottom of my heart wish I could have you all share this day with me! but I know with your thoughts and your heart you will be! I'm writing this to you with tears on my eyes from happiness as I read all your good wishes.

Once again from the bottom of my heart I thank-you! my dear friends! icon_smile.gif

First, see the link at the bottom of my signature? Weddingannouncer.com
Go there, get a free account. icon_smile.gif PAGES of stuff you can share with folks, both those who are going to be at the wedding, and those of us who aren't. Photo albums, video uploads, etc. It's really cool. AND there's an online RSVP thingie that you can set up, which is awesome. icon_smile.gif

Second, I made my own wedding cake, with lots of opposition and lots of support (both from here, actually! LOL) It's the one thing I insisted on, and I gave up a lot of control of other stuff, so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed. If you need advice, support, or just a 'you can do it!', PM me anytime. icon_smile.gif (mine is the huge wedding cake in my photos... if I can do that, then anyone can do anything! LOLOLOL)

Aside from all that... HAVE FUN!!!! It's a day for you and your family to celebrate. Make sure that you're not so stressed or worried about stuff that you can't enjoy it. icon_smile.gif Delegate things that might make you crazy. That was a life-saver for me.

CONGRATS!!!! it took my sweetie and I nearly 11 years to tie the knot, but it was worth it. (and don't listen to the folks who say things change after you're married... if you've been together that long, things will change a lot less than you might think. icon_razz.gif )

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 4:56pm
post #18 of 31

FELICIDADES!!!

Now you've received bilingual congratulations.

Wishing you and your famiy the best!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:00pm
post #19 of 31

Congratulations to you and your family! icon_biggrin.gif

Live in the moment and get help from everyone you can!

Can't wait to see your cake!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:03pm
post #20 of 31

what a happy day!!! i wished you lived by me....i would so make you a cake too...you can NEVER have too much cake!!!! May God Bless you all!!! Congratulations!!!!! perhaps there is still hope for me!!!! let me know i can help u in anyway....even thou i am in California....hahahahahahaha have a great day!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #21 of 31

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! May Heavenly Father bless you and your family!!!

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #22 of 31

That is so funny... Make a huge cake with all the flavors YOU & your fiance like! And the kids! I know your wedding date is VERY close, but I suggest that you go to www.TheKnot.com, and look at their check list - you won't need all of it (it's for the full 12 months prior!), but skim through & see what you do need to be reminded of. You can reduce the list by deleting items you won't use. They also have AWESOME wedding cakes on that site & maybe you'll get some ideas there. It's SO hard to make decisions! If you need more help, contact me at [email protected], because I have coordinated a few weddings & also coordinate for large parties on an annual basis (like 50-200 people). Good luck & make sure you have FUN with it! Keep it FUN!!! =)

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:09pm
post #23 of 31

Congratulations and best wishes!!!!!

edith123 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #24 of 31

Gracias por todos sus comentarios, en ingles o espanol todos son bienvenidas! Thankyou all in english or spanish all comments are welcome! I'm going to keep coming back as many times as I can during the day on a daily basis to read all your beautiful comments, best wishes and suggestions! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank-you all, Gracias a todas ustedes! and please don't stop! keep all the suggestions coming. I could sure use them all and all your support! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:24pm
post #25 of 31

Congratulations!!! I wish you all the best!

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:41pm
post #26 of 31

Ahhh hon congratulations how nice it is to hear such wonderful news.May your planning go smooth, your cake be moist,your day be special and the rest of your life wonderful.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:48pm
post #27 of 31

I'm so happy for you!!!!

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:21pm
post #28 of 31

I hope your wedding day is just the BEST! Have too much fun and enjoy the celebration of your commitment! And take a few minutes here and there to look around and soak it all in. I just got married and there are still bits and pieces of my reception that I don't remember - it goes by in such a blur!

icon_biggrin.gif

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:25am
post #29 of 31

Congratulations! It's so nice to have happy news. I am sure your cake will be spectacular. How much fun is it to be able to do your own cake. I know how excited I was when I was going to do my sons.

I wish you all happiness.

edith123 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm
post #30 of 31

Once again thank you all for your best wishes and advice. Any suggestions on cake flavors? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%