Great Non=Stick Mat

Decorating By Bossy Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 9:14pm by Bossy

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:40am
post #1 of 5

I'm a beginning caker and do not have a lot of tools yet. My 1926 house does not even have a counter top anywhere in the kitchen to work at, so I have to work on my dining room table until we remodel. Found a great mat at the quilt store! It is non-stick, non-toxic, thin sheet, made for glueing/ironing/painting apliques. Unlike my other mat, you just wipe the counter or table with a damp sponge and lay the sheet on the damp spot and it sticks great. No more having my mat slip around the table as I roll out fondant. It rolls up to store(no closets in my old house either). Nothing sticks to it, you can bake up to 425 degrees, cut it to fit pans and it was only $15. A great tool for newbies that are saving up to upgrade our tools.

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:12am
post #2 of 5

sounds cool! Can you take a photo of it maybe? icon_confused.gif

Bossy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 5

I'll take a picture tonight and post tomorrow. Lost wireless signal last night icon_sad.gif. Today was my last day of work until next school year , so I can work on it tomorrowicon_smile.gif.

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5

Where did you find it? Like at Jo-anns or where?

Bossy Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 5

Here's the picture, I picked up one end so you can see how thin it is. And it never slips!!!!! I could not find it at JoAnne's or the craft stores. Had to go to a quilt shop. Found it here, you can call, it's not listed in the on line shop. www.quiltshopofdeland.com
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%