Is There A Tn Cake Club?

Decorating By JulieB Updated 10 Jun 2013 , 3:53am by kakedecorator

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:58am
post #61 of 81

I started a post earlier about hosting a SugarShack class in La Follette, TN... That's about 30 miles north of Knoxville.. Anyone that's interested may come.. I haven't worked on the dates yet or what will be covered.. I'm just checking to see if I could get enough interest..

mimi2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi2004 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #62 of 81

I would love to come and I have a couple of friends who may like to come also. We live in East TN outside of Johnson City.

Mimi

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 9:53pm
post #63 of 81

I could come to. Im in Oak Ridge. Not far from La Follette.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:00pm
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybible

I think that would be a cool idea. I would love to meet closer than Nashville. And I would even be willing to help "organize" a meeting.

Hi Mary,
I live in Knoxville, and I would love to participate if a meeting could be a little further east. I doubt that I could take time off from work & travel to Nashville. PM me if you get enough interest & organize a meeting.
Thanks

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:20pm
post #65 of 81

Has there been a meeting set up yet for this? I would love to attend.

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:31pm
post #66 of 81

No meeting has been set up yet as far as I know. I would be willing to help set something up if there is anyone who wants to help too. I don't have a "shop" or any particular place we could meet.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:22pm
post #67 of 81

i was the person who volunteered to do the middle tennessee area...i live in franklin. we just moved a couple of months ago, so as soon as i have my cake studio organized, i will set a date, and email everyone...hopefully very soon, i promise!!

starla

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #68 of 81

Thanks Starla, I can't wait.

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:56am
post #69 of 81

I just got an email from SweetWise and they will be having a Cake Festival it's scheduled for Jan 24 and 25, 2009. The headliner will be Michelle Bommarito! icon_biggrin.gif

If you didn't get the email I will be happy to foward it to you.

J

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:26pm
post #70 of 81

There are only 15 spots available for the Michelle Bommarito class on the 26th. There is a $100 nonrefundable down payment with the remaining $200 due 2 weeks (I think) before the class.

I'm sure sweetwise.com has all the info. I can't go icon_sad.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:29pm
post #71 of 81

I got that email and I want to go SSSOOOOO bad!!

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:14pm
post #72 of 81

luelue1971 & aundron, re: Sweet Wise cake show. The Michelle Bommaritto class on the 26th was full a couple of days after the info went out. But, you will still be able to see her. She will be doing some demos throughout the cake show on the 24 & 26. Keep checking www.sweetwise.com for updated info on the cake show.
Also, Kathy (SweetWise) and I have discussed the possibility of a cake club. I'll bring it up again with her.

wndipoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wndipoo Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:11pm
post #73 of 81

Wow! I am so excited to hear of so many in the Middle TN area interested in forming a club. I spoke to Kathy at Sweet Wise, and she suggested this site. I live in Goodlettsville (just north of Nashville) and would love to learn from all you talented CC'ers!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sharonbigmammalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharonbigmammalane Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:30pm
post #74 of 81

Hi everyone i would love love love to join you all if that is ok please send let me know, i dont know how to use this forum well so please send a message

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 8:49pm
post #75 of 81

What an awesome idea! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to join. icon_biggrin.gif

kakedecorator Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:18pm
post #76 of 81

I have started a cake club in Nashville, TN. We are small in number right now and meet in my home, usually, the first Tuesday of the month. We start at 6:30pm. For August we are meeting on the 16 because two of our members went to the ICES convention in NC and will be filling us in on all they bought and did while there. There may even be some demos. We usually just get together, share our latest cake photos, have a demo and someone provides refreshments. We have no fees right now but as we grow and need a larger space we will probably have to have membership fee to pay for the rental of a larger place.
For those of you from in and around Nashville you will know who I am if you have ever shopped at Sweet Wise, I was there for 4 years. Yup, it's Lydia, you can contact me at: kakedecorator at bellsouth dot net. I look forward to hearing from you.

kakedecorator Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:29pm
post #77 of 81

Just wanted to mention that this cake club started in November 2009. We used to meet every other month, but everyone enjoyed it so much they wanted to do it every month. We also have a yahoo group page to share pictures, ask questions and anything else. It is a closed group so you can only get to it by contacting me for an invite. Right now most of the members have all been students of mine and we welcome any and all newcomers no matter what your level of cake experience.
Don't know if you've heard about these but the current topic of converstion (other than the NC ICES convention) is Cake Push-Ups. A member will be bring samples to the August meeting.

We are not affiliated with any other groups, but several of our current members are also members of the Tennesse Chapter of ICES.

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 4:20pm
post #78 of 81

Thanks for sharing the info!!! Please add me to whatever mailing list you have! I'll PM you my contact info. Thanks!

AuntHattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntHattie Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 12:07am
post #79 of 81

The above cake club is affiliated with ICES, an International organization.

There is also another cake club in Memphis area, and some of their members are also ICES members.

The West Tennessee Sugar Artists meet monthly at SweetWise in the Germantown, Tennessee area, a suburb of Memphis. 

They have a website at westtnsugarartists.org and a facebook page.

You can check them out for learning and fun activities, on their website. I am currently preparing a Gingerbread House to be included in the Enchanted Forest at the Pink Palace, our whole group is making them, and we will put them together on Thursday night, tomorrow night at 6 p.m. to then get them delivered to the Pink Palace this weekend.  I've never been so this will be fun.

Hope this helps and you can join us for a meeting.

AuntHattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntHattie Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 12:15am
post #80 of 81

There is another group in Memphis area.

The West Tennessee Sugar Artists, who also have some ICES members.  

They meet at SweetWise in Germantown, every month.

You can check their facebook page or their website...westtnsugarartists.org

Currently, we are working on Gingerbread Houses for the Enchanted Forest being held at the Pink Palace and in December we 

are going to a local eatery for dinner as a group.

They have a calendar of events on their website.....hope you'll join us soon.

kakedecorator Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 3:53am
post #81 of 81

I wanted to update the info on the Nashville Cake Club:  We now meet the 2nd Sunday of the month, start and 2:00pm and usually finish around 5:00pm (the meeting ends when the last person has left icon_biggrin.gif.  Sometimes (due to holidays or -this year- the ICES convention in KY) we have to move it up a week or back a week.  We do take the month of July off.  If you would like more info you can contact me at:  [email protected].

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%