Nursing School

Decorating By GinaJuarez Updated 19 Aug 2005 , 10:37pm by tastycakes

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 11

My friend's daughter is just about to start her classes to become a nurse. She wants to have a cake for the first day when she gets home from school. I found an image I like, but I'm not sure if it will work for a FBCT, it looks like it is a chocolate transfer or color flow or something. I also can't get it big enough to print out properly. Any tips? Once I get it big enough, it's REALLY blurry.

http://www.kathyskakesllc.com/graduationcake012.html

Also, if I wanted to try to find another similar image, what do you think I would type in google or yahoo image search. I typed "nurse with needle", "cartoon Nurse" and just nurse. Any other idears??

The quote on the cake is going to be, "School is such a pain in the ....." so that's why i need a similar image.

10 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 11

There is a website that I use when I'm doing Word documents at work and need pictures/images. Go to www.Microsoft.com
In the upper right corner of the page type in Design Gallery Live in the "search" area.
When the results come up - click on Microsoft Office Clip Art & Media Home Page.
On the top of the page in the search area - leave "All Media Types" in that box but in the box next to it type in whatever subject your searching for: Nurse or patient or medical..........
I think your going to love this site. I use it ALL the time. It's great and I'm positive you'll find something there. You can then download them onto your pc and make them as big or as small as you want there and then print them out. PM me if you need any more help with the website. thumbs_up.gif This is a free website so you don't have to pay for downloading any of this. It's great! icon_lol.gif

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 2:30am
post #3 of 11

I love this site.
I am already thinking about what kind of cake I want to do for my daugther's graduation from nursing school next May.

I didn't think to ask...WHAT WAS I thinking...LOL

Thank you GinaJuarez for asking .

Thank you BJ for the site.

Sherryb

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 3:00am
post #4 of 11

GinaJuarez,

I have changed the image into something I think will work for a BCT and have PM'd it to you. HTH.

GinaJuarez Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 11

Thank you to everyone for their help, especially for the images reconfigured. I did the BCT last night and it turned out wonderful! My friend has decided she wants to change the words on the cake, but still wants that image (Whew!). The problem now is she doesn't know what she wants. Any other ideas? I was thinking, Give it Your Best Shot or something. shoot, i don't know icon_cry.gif

Thanks, will post a pic later on tonight when I finish.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 11

I think you came up with a great alternative.

The only thing that I keep thinking of "Success is 99% perspiration and 1% A#*piration." icon_smile.gif

GinaJuarez Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 4:33am
post #7 of 11

Thank you everyone, cake has been posted!

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 12:12pm
post #8 of 11

Great Job! I love the saying. thumbs_up.gif

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 11

How about " Nurses call all the Shots" icon_lol.gif

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:35pm
post #10 of 11

Why don't you make a butt shaped cake and have a syringe sicking out of one of the cheeks. (i'm imagining a lollipop stick for a needle, and long enough to support itself in the cake with a fondant barrel thingy) It doesn't have to be obscene, you can make fondant undies, with maybe strips of that aweful hospital johnnie green going up the sides like one of those open-in-the-back gowns. You can put ribbons for the ties......

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:37pm
post #11 of 11

Sorry, I didn't realize this was an older post!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%