Local Business Want To Partner With Me

Business By summernoelle Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm by Ruth0209

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #31 of 41

Run far and fast from these people!! Do not bother to go to another meeting or even talk to them again. Extremely unprofessional, can you image a bride and her mom in that situation?

Next bridal show you go to make sure you spread the word of the poor and unprofessional outcome you have had dealing with them.

I would also contact the owners of the venue and let them know just how there manager is doing.

No one books a venue if that is the type of people they are dealing with. Those weddings and other events will be so stressful it will not be long before there reputation is in the toilet.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 11:39pm
post #32 of 41

I *think* those were the owners..

icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif VERY unprofessional!!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:58am
post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutie

I know you were all excited, but this is a big, big point to make.... do you not think that someone up "there" was trying to tell you something? If they treat you like this on the first go-around, what will it be after you have made a really special cake for a big event and they do not pay what they promised? I would be very, very leery of this situation... especially, for leaving out pertinent information (i.e. she was sick and this maintenance man is her husband). How professional is this operation?

That's too funny you said that. On my way there, I actually prayed about it, to know if it was a wise venture or not, etc.
On the drive home, I kind of laughed and thought "well, that was a pretty blunt answer!" icon_lol.gif

Well, if you are interested, this was my last reply to this woman:

I apologize for any offense that I may have caused. It had been my understanding that we would have a sit down meeting to discuss business matters, not that I would simply drop off cake samples and leave. The discussion we had could have been done over the phone (as it was), without me having to drive 85 miles out of my way and arrange childcare to speak to you on your husband's cell phone. That is why I considered the appointment missed, because the meeting I had expected to have did not occur. For future reference, I do not travel that far to drop off free samples. I do understand that you are ill, but I expect to be treated with the same respect you would give to a client and for you to call and give me the option of rescheduling.

That being said, I will cancel the invoice.

Thank you again for the opportunity. However, I am not interested in having my cakes included in your packages. In business it is important to form alliances and relationships with people you can rely on, and I do not believe that is the case here.

I wish you the best of luck in finding another baker, and hope you feel better soon.

Summer

I wash my hands of this!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:57am
post #34 of 41

Good deal Summer... don't worry about it my friend!!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:53am
post #35 of 41

AWESOME reply icon_biggrin.gif. I love it. Well done.

Mike

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:10pm
post #36 of 41

Totally agree-great reply! YOU sound extremely professional. Very nicely worded.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 12:41pm
post #37 of 41

Summer, I wonder how long these people will be in business with practices like that? What if you were a prospective bride or someone interested in hosting a party at their establishment?
8 years ago when I was planning my wedding I made an appointment with a B & B regarding the reception and rehearsal dinner for our wedding. They were on the preferred vendor list of the military chapel we were married in. I had to take half a day off from work without pay as I had used my 3 stinking personal days, drive from VA Beach to Hampton through the stupid tunnel and never ending roadwork to arrive 5 minutes before time only to be told by the cleaning lady that they decided to take a day and go to the Williamsburg Winery. I said didn't they remember I had an appointment and she said, yes but that she could show me around and give me the folder. I called the church lady and told her of my experience. She called them to confirm and then took them off the list. The place later went out of business before my wedding in December-that was in April. Thank God I didn't book my event there-a little voice from above told me to stick to the Omni Hotel and I'm glad I did.
Your cakes are beautiful and they don't derserve them. thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:50pm
post #38 of 41

Terri-yes, that was my thought as well. I was really surprised at the lack of professionalism. It just doesn't make sense to stand up anothe vendor and think it is OK. Not even to apologize, but to rebuff my irritation with "SO WHAT?"
It also put my whole decorating week into a funk. My entire Thursday was taken up by this woman, which meant I had to work until late last night. Grrrr.
Everyone, say it with me: "NO CAKE FOR YOU!" LOL.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #39 of 41

you know what they say...when the Lord closes a window He opens a door somewhere else! There are bigger and better (and more professional, I hoe!) things waiting for you. Good luck!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:03pm
post #40 of 41

Summer, I love the "No Cake For You!". I know that bigger and better things are waiting you for you too!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm
post #41 of 41

That was a very professional response. Nice job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%