First Disaster Averted, Phew!!

Decorating By Kay_NL Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 1:25pm by Kay_NL

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 5

So for a Father's Day cake I thought it would be fun to have a golfer standing on top of a tiered cake, so I got it done and it looked great (well, I think anyways). I was fairly pleased with the golfer, and the chocolate clay golf balls, and I figured my customer would love it!

Here it is:

I finally hit the bed at 3am and woke at 6:30 to see Mr. Golfer had leaped off the side of the cake, breaking both is legs and other parts, his golf club stuck in the icing bleeding die into it. The customer had told me that she might arrive before 9 so while getting kids breakfast, keeping them amused and somehow not throwing up (I get very nauseated when things go wrong) I got my second golfer done. icon_smile.gif I am actually pleased because I liked cake #2 better!

Here it is, in my folder!
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1234267.html

Thanks for looking, I love cake central!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 5

The pressure of being a cake topper must have been too much for him! icon_biggrin.gif
I couldn't get the link to work or find the pic in your photo's but if you've only just posted it, it takes a while to show up, anyway congrats on averting the disaster, no 1 cake looks great, I'll have a peek at no 2 when it comes up!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 5

Love how you did #2 - he looks like my husband trying to figure out the green from every angle! icon_rolleyes.gif Nice save!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 5

Did you put in Tigers broken leg, and bad knee? Glad you found it in time to fix it.

Mike

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 5

LOL, "Tiger" is still on my counter with broken legs... I made this new guy from scratch, and his legs are down over the side so that he is standing on one of the golf balls...

Thank you for the compliments!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%