Butterfly Cake???

Decorating By jessfmaldonado Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 5:32pm by gottabakenow

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:07am
post #1 of 5

I have an order for a 10 inch cake with a White fondant base. The customer wants pink and purple little butterflies around the sides.
She also wants a big giant pink and white butterfly in the center of the cake.

I don't know if this will look good. Just one big butterfly on top of the cake??? I don't know what to do. If any body has any opinions or suggestions, I am up for them!!! Thanks!!!

4 replies
bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:45am
post #2 of 5

How about this one by chovest? Instead of the flowers, you would do the butterflies, or maybe both? And you wouldn't have a big butterfly taking up the top of the cake. HTH!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1228790.html

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:48am
post #3 of 5

for the butterfly on the top of the cake, how about you do it out of gumpaste and have the "body" of it on the cake and the wings in the air, so it looks like it's flying, kinda. hope i'm explaining that right...

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedecoratingsmything

for the butterfly on the top of the cake, how about you do it out of gumpaste and have the "body" of it on the cake and the wings in the air, so it looks like it's flying, kinda. hope i'm explaining that right...

Hmmm, Thanks so much this is a great idea. I am going to meet with her today and ask her what she thinks. I love that idea!!! Thanks so much cakedecoratingsmything!!!!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 5

you're welcome! glad I could help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%