M&m's Cake

Decorating By lolagirl Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 4:35pm by golfgirl1227

lolagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolagirl Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:01am
post #1 of 5

Hi all, I am making a wedding cake that will be covered with m&m's, I have to make it about a month in advance so I am going to freeze it, I figure I shoud use royal icing to stick the m&m's (so they don't fall off during thawing) but am not sure if I should put buttercream underneath(for taste) will the royal icing stick well to the buttercream???
I would REALLY appreciate ANY advice!!
thanks alot

4 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #2 of 5

oh goodness I think you will have a mess if you go ahead and put M&M's on now then thawing... what if you waited till you thawed out the BC cake?

lolagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolagirl Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:28am
post #3 of 5

I know I should but it's out of town and I have a million other things to do while I'm there the week before, but I guess I will have to do it that way(your the second person that didn't think that would be a good idea) so in that case should I buttercream the cake (one layer) freeze it and when it thaws use ?royal icing? to stick the m&m's or do you think a thick buttercream would hold?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

BC will hold it fine icon_smile.gif

I don't think you should use RI to hold the M & M's on icon_sad.gif

I can't wait to see it

Sorry I was a doom and gloom .. I just didn't want you to have a disastor on your hands

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

oh goodness I think you will have a mess if you go ahead and put M&M's on now then thawing... what if you waited till you thawed out the BC cake?

ditto.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%