Does Your Ka Have A Name?

Decorating By MeMo07 Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 9:16pm by Maria_Campos

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 12:29am
post #31 of 59

i've named my lavender KA lily and my grape KA gringo. my dh and dd both don't like the name and gringo and complain everytime i use his name.
linda

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:14am
post #32 of 59

LOL linda, frankly, its not my favorite either. whered u get it from? icon_biggrin.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:43pm
post #33 of 59

Yes, they are named!

Let me introduce you to Janet Leigh (KA Artisan) and Jamie Lee Curtis (KA Classic) the mother/daughter duo of scream queens, and other then photo ops like below they are usually sit on different counters to keep from arguing.

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm
post #34 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecito

I always though if I ever named my ka's, the 6-quart one should be Big Bertha, but my BIL wife likes to be called Bertha and she is big, so no namig so far.

Too funny icon_lol.gif Mine is named Big Bertha after my quite large Aunt Bertha, who could bake up a storm.

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:59pm
post #35 of 59

Mine is named Doris. After my grandmother who passed away last year.

She taught me how to bake.

Miss her terribly.

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #36 of 59

No I did not name them. I have a Nickel pearl 6QT & a Green Apple 5QT. I love them like they are part of the family icon_biggrin.gif I guess i should name them.

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:14pm
post #37 of 59

Her name is Margaret.

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #38 of 59

Mine is named a corny name lol. Swiss, because I love to do SMBC in her and she is the color of meringue. My DH thinks I am so crazy for this, I have to show him this post lol. icon_biggrin.gif

jenbashore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbashore Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #39 of 59

That's so sweet calynmom. What a great idea. My dad gave me my Hobart mixer and he passed away last year of cancer. Think I'll name mine John Boy. Boy, my DH will get a kick out of that one.

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #40 of 59

I have a red professional series ka, and my niece named it BOBBY. I am not sure why she picked that, but it stuck.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:24pm
post #41 of 59

When I first got mine I hated "HIM". I wasn't quite used to him and didn't handle him properly, I think. And then one day I had a double batch of sugar cookies in him, and he just trucked right on through it, and we bonded. I felt like I kept pushing him through the batch and he kept taking it and doing more. That's when I named him "Wesley" from the Princess Bride. "As you wish" My ultimate fave movie! Wesley and I have developed quite a bond, and I think my DH is a bit jealous of him!!!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #42 of 59

Mine is Oliver. My Dad, who passed away 4 years ago was named Orville, but even he didn't like his name, so Oliver has similar letters, and my Dad LOVED the sweets I made him with my KA!

I named my computer too, Bob. I think I choose boy names, because there are so many females in my family!

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #43 of 59

My 4.5 qrt. white KA is named Lady Galadriel because...

Instead of a dark lord, you would have a queen, beautiful and terrible. not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love MY CAKES and despair!!! icon_twisted.gif

That what I hear in my head when I turn that baby on!

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm
post #44 of 59

Mine is "Big Red"
I'd like to put the decal with the flames on it like Alton Brown's!!

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:44pm
post #45 of 59

This is hilarious... I thought I was crazy for naming mine but now I know I'm not. Mine is the stainless steel one, even though I wanted the orange one but got this one for Christmas from my mom so it doesn't matter, anyways......mine is called Old Faithfull cause I used to have a sunbeam and it always would smell burnt after making up batches of fondant until one day it just stopped in the middle of making a batch of royal icing. Not cool...... and Old Faithful just whips things up with no problem and with no burning smells. He's a great addition to my family. icon_lol.gif

tiptop57 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:48pm
post #46 of 59

Maria_Campos wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Instead of a dark lord, you would have a queen, beautiful and terrible. not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love MY CAKES and despair!!!

OMG, too funny. I seriously thought I was over the edge with my "two tricked" out KA scream queens above and shopped a long time for the right blue colored flames, but you surely do "take the cake" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:56pm
post #47 of 59

I have the "industrial" looking imperial gray artisan. His name is Dexter. I love him. I haven't baked anything in about 2 weeks...***gasp*** I'm about to go dust him off and use him right now.

Merry1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry1227 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:57pm
post #48 of 59

I never really thought to name it. But mine is a hand mixer, maybe when I up grade to a standing then I'll name it!

Merry

tennilleshahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tennilleshahan Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:57pm
post #49 of 59

I got my KA back in November and have been in love with Sir Mix-a-Lot ever since. My boyfriend chose the name and it seems fitting. He asks how he is doing often. : )

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:03pm
post #50 of 59

I am sure Alton Brown's has a name. I love what Alton did to his. Does anyone have a link to the tricked out kitchenaide thread?

Maria_Campos Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:09pm
post #51 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Maria_Campos wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Instead of a dark lord, you would have a queen, beautiful and terrible. not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love MY CAKES and despair!!!

OMG, too funny. I seriously thought I was over the edge with my "two tricked" out KA scream queens above and shopped a long time for the right blue colored flames, but you surely do "take the cake" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But you have two, so now I have to get Galadriel a partner, Lord Celeborn, or Gimli? Who loved her more. But if I get the Gray frosty it's name must be Gandalf the Grey!!!!

Gandalf? Yes... that was what they used to call me. Gandalf the Gray. That was my name.

Rachael1013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachael1013 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:10pm
post #52 of 59

My KA is named Zoolander (or Zool for short). The color is Blue Steel which was Zoolander's pose. I love it!!

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:11pm
post #53 of 59

OMG, IT IS SO FUNNY,I got mine yesturday, it is professional 600 KA and it is red,when arrived I was so happy and dancing I call my DH at work and said my baby Arrived my 3 kids looked at me like I am crazy,I named her 'MY baby'

gandelmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gandelmom Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #54 of 59

Mine doesn't have a name.
But, it is black so I'm going to name it right now!!!
Black Beauty!!!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #55 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_Campos

My 4.5 qrt. white KA is named Lady Galadriel because...

Instead of a dark lord, you would have a queen, beautiful and terrible. not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love MY CAKES and despair!!! icon_twisted.gif

That what I hear in my head when I turn that baby on!

Perhaps you should see someone about that icon_lol.gif

My voices just tell me not to actually kill the idiot in front of me!!! icon_evil.gif

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:26pm
post #56 of 59

Her name is Lola...and my DH says she swings around her wide hips (the beater) like no ones business!

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:33pm
post #57 of 59

Gimli...you have to go with Gimli.

Mine does not have a name...yet.

tiptop57 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #58 of 59

floophs wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Her name is Lola...and my DH says she swings around her wide hips (the beater) like no ones business!

icon_lol.gif

Maria_Campos Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 9:16pm
post #59 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUELA

Gimli...you have to go with Gimli.

Mine does not have a name...yet.

Yes Gimli would make a fine companion, now only if DH would go to the Kitchen Supply store and purchase Gimli before Christmas... that would be great!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%