Can You Refridgerate A Fondant Covered Cake?

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm by abw2005

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:11am
post #1 of 3

I will be making a 3 tier wedding cake this friday and I need to know if I can refridgerate it on Friday night until Saturday morning.
I am using Satin Ice fondant. One more thing..........................................
should I transport it fully assembled or should I travel with it seperate??
I have to travel 1 hour!
Thanks for your help!

2 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:16am
post #2 of 3

If I remember correctly, Satin Ice doesn't do well in a regular setting in the fridge. If you can raise the temp a bit it should do better. Some say it will sweat and will dry out over time of sitting out.

There are two other fondants that work better in the fridg... fondx is one of them.

depending on how comfortable you feel about the design and structure of the cake as to whether you construct at home or on site. I think it is up to the individual and type of cake... is it a sturdy cake (white w/out filling), etc... that's how I base it on anyway

abw2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abw2005 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 3

I use Satin Ice as well and don't refrigerate my cakes, I just wrap them up in press & seal so they don't dry out and that seems to work well. I also don't travel with mine fully assembled, I prefer to assemble on site if at all possible...icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%