Rusty Cutters...help!

Baking By B3andD Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 2:07pm by millicente

B3andD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B3andD Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 7

I apologize in advance if someone already posted about this or if I sound dumb...haha. I am a newbie and hope that you guys can help.
I just bought a set of cutters last week and lo and behold they have rusted :*(.
I am wonering if there is any way to save them (obviously I do not want to use them unless I can get the rust off).
I am usually very careful with my cutters and was really upset when it happened...any ideas or should I just chalk it up to a loss?
Thanks a ton!
icon_smile.gif
Oh...p.s., where do some of you get your avatars? Props to you, they are soooo cute!

6 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 7

Try SOS pads if they are just slightly rusted - haven't used these on cutters but have on other items and it works well. Not sure what to do if the rust is heavy - can you return these?

B3andD Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 7

S.O.S. pads, I will try it icon_smile.gif. Thanks so much for the tip.
I wish that I could return them but I bought them on ebay..oh well...just need to be more careful I guess.
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 7

I don't know if this works or not, but I just read a post in another forum on how to remove rust from icing tips...many people suggested to soak them in Coca Cola. It's worth a try.

B3andD Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you so much for the idea, if it works for tips I son't see why it wouldn't work for cutters. I will try it icon_smile.gif!

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:42am
post #6 of 7

You're welcome. Let us know how it works for you.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 7

Are the cutter metal or copper

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%