Decorating By TejasRebel Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 12:18pm by mellormom

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #31 of 42

That is out of this world.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:52am
post #32 of 42

Wow! icon_eek.gif That R2D2 cake is amazing. icon_eek.gif What skill and talent. icon_eek.gif

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 11:17am
post #33 of 42

You could probably use a dremel tool on the RKT's as well. I have one of those and they are very light weight and easy to use. You would just need to get a new bit for it. They come with all kinds of different bits and I'm sure one of them will work. It makes me want to try it right now! icon_smile.gif
Jen...

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:26pm
post #34 of 42

wow, this cake is amazing...it makes my r2d2 cake look like crapola! icon_cry.gif He did a really great job and I hope someday I'm as good as this decorator!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:13am
post #35 of 42

As I sit here trying to channel the force to figure out how in the universe he trimmed those legs so perfectly it hits me.

His Jedi master must have trained his Padawan very well.

dragonsanddaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonsanddaffodils Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:31am
post #36 of 42

Oh my word! Incredible

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 5:53pm
post #37 of 42

You know, it looks like he had the shape of the legs drawn out on some foam board. Perhaps he put the krispies on and then used an electric knife to follow the shape of the board??? The foam board would give stability to the krispie treats as well.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:25am
post #38 of 42

Wow, how ironic. I just got an order today for a R2D2 cake for Nov. I actually bookmarked this site on my search for cake inspiration. I was amazed on how perfect he made the rice krispy legs. I was thinking of using styrofoam myself.
Just FYI...There's a few R2D2 cakes in the CC gallery that are pretty impressive.

mellormom Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:20am
post #39 of 42

How do you think he did the bolts on the side legs. I'm sure he had a mold but what do you think he molded to make the mold. (am I making any sense)For instance I molded my son's tools for a tool cake I did. then I used the molds to make the tools out of Gumpaste.
Jen...

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:46am
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggysmack

This is really awesome I'd love to find out how he carves his rice krispies it is so clean!

Me too! They are so nice and neat and square!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 11:49am
post #41 of 42

Also, the black base...was that cake or sytrofoam?

mellormom Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:18pm
post #42 of 42

the base would be Styrofoam I would think. You couldn't be able to hold up that heavy cake with cake. Plus I'm sure the legs helped hold it too.
Jen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%