Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 10:34pm by Reganlynn

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make chocolate covered strawberries tonight, because I need them for tomorrow morning. Is it okay to make them tonight, and how do I store them if the answer is yes.

Thank You all!

5 replies
staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 6

it should be okay to store them in the refrigerator....i usually put my chocolate strawberries in the fridge in order to harden the chocolate anyway.

only problem...when i remove them from the fridge i get lots of condensation on the chocolate...i would be careful not to touch the chocolate with my fingers.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 6

I just made some myself for a thank you for a bride and groom that ordered a wedding cake from me. I had to stick them in the fridge because its so hot that they wouldnt set up otherwise!
And as long as your dipping tonight and having them for tomorrow then your ok. You wouldnt want to do it too far in advance because the fruit can turn brown inside and be yucky when you bite into them! I had that happen with a candy apple once. Yuck!

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 6

sorry OP if I ask another question here, something I always wanted to know ... what do you put in the chocolate so the whole lot doesn't shatter and come off the first time you bite it?

Reganlynn Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

I add a little bit of cream to the melted chocolate so that it's not as hard, but still sets up very well.

Reganlynn Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 6

I add a little bit of cream to the melted chocolate so that it's not as hard, but still sets up very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%