Royal Icing Question

Decorating By Niserise Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm by TexasSugar

Niserise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niserise Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone, I actually have two questions. Can royal icing flowers be frozen after they are dried? I'm making a cake for a Christening that will be frozen for a couple of days before it is eaten, and I don't want to ruin the flowers by putting them on the cake now.

Second question. Can a cake decorated with Wilton buttercream be kept out on the counter overnight, or must it be refrigerated due to the butter and the small amount of milk in it?

Thank you so much for any information you can give me.

6 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 7

you dont need to freeze the royal flowers, they will be fine

Niserise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niserise Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you for you quick answer.

I didn't ask the right question in my first post. What I meant to ask is: if I put royal icing flowers on a cake that will be frozen, will the flowers be ok? Or should I just put the flowers on after the cake is thawed?

NiteOwl4evr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NiteOwl4evr Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, you can leave a cake iced with buttercream out on the counter overnight. It won't hurt it. thumbs_up.gif

CakeTopper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeTopper Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 7

As for freezing the cake with RI flowers on it, I would think it would cause the RI flowers to melt as the cake defrosts. I would recommend putting the RI flowers on AFTER the cake has defrosted.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 7

oh ok.. I agree to put them on after you thaw the cake

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 7

Moisture and Royal icing don't mix very well. Because condensation can form after a cake comes out of the freezer, I'd wait until after it comes to room temp to add them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%