Question About Canon Printer Edible Ink & Paper.

Decorating By lomikesa Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 3:46am by clayberrycakes

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:12am
post #1 of 2

My DH got me an Canon Pixma IP3500 printer as a gift, I need to buy the edible ink and paper but have no idea what is a good bargain or good ink to buy, also some come with or without chips (?) what does it mean?

Can anyone recommend where I can buy these supplies?

Thanks,

Lomikesa

1 reply
clayberrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clayberrycakes Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 2

I use a canon printer for my edible images...I buy my ink from kopykakes...I use 4 cartridges and the price was about $75.00...but you also can buy the ink refills I have refilled mine several times and I still have over half the ink left in the bottles...the instructions say dont refill no more than 4 times I think...I have only bought one set of the ink cartridges and the only problem I had is one of my chips went bad and I replaced it with one out of my regular ink cartridrs that came with the printer.... you have to get a chip resetter and reset the chip after each refill...its pretty simple but if your anything like me you will be all different colors after refilling you cartridges...in the cartridges there is a hole that is plugged off for refilling and its nothing like trying to refill a regular cartridge...the refills comes with a needle lid that twists onto the bottle of ink pop the little plug squeeze in ink replug...just make sure you do this some place that you can clean up any ink that may leak out...my blue seems to always leak and my carpet has blue spots on it...I think i may have over filled it...my pics always comes out good...hope this helps you...ronda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%