How About A Thread On Bridal Shower Cakes

Decorating By Babygirlx Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm by tortitas

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:46am
post #1 of 4

Everyone loves weddings. There are so many beautiful wedding cakes on this site. Can anyone post the best bridal cakes whether it's a sheet or carved? I am curious to see new ideas.

3 replies
tortitas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tortitas Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 4

Yes please! and does anyone have an idea of what I can use for a Jack & Jill? I can't just make a girly cake because her future husband will also be part of the shower. Thank you

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 4

I can only speak of experience in my area.

I made a bridal shower cake this weekend (it's in my photos - butterflies and lace). The hostess really loved how it was different than what is normally served at showers (sheet cakes). It wasn't a big cake, but it did add to the cake table. Now there is nothing wrong wtih sheet cakes if that's what you prefer! I'm just saying that its really a personal preference. I've only seen sheet cakes in this area at showers, but I love the idea of smaller tiered/stacked cakes. I haven't gotten into the carving area yet, and honestly I don't think people in my area really want to pay for it either. I have done 3 cakes for the hostess of that shower (her own wedding cake and groom's cake, the shower cake for her sister this weekend and I'm making a b/d cake for her daughter) and she loves how I try to do things different. When I first started out making cakes, I thought I preferred sheet cakes to stacked cakes, but I'm starting to think differently! I love how you can do more with stacked cakes.

babygirlx, there are tons of em here! Go to galleries and click on the bridal shower link, you will have more than enough to chose from.
And don't forget about other categories, you can get lots of inspiration from them too!

tortitas, As for the Jack/Jill shower, I would ask if they have any hobbies that they like doing together and base the cake around that. You can always do a cake the colors of the wedding and use their initials as the "centerpiece" of the cake and make swirls around it.

tortitas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tortitas Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 4

Like yourself, I have grown tired of sheet cakes and have ventured into 2 tiers, there's so much you can do! and various things you can also create with fondant & gumpaste. Thank you for your picture ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%