My 2Nd 'proper' Cake With Lot Of Mistakes Along The Way!!

Decorating By Shola Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 1:54am by Shola

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 8

Well this cake was a learning experience! Firstly I did a FBCT and it was too thin and broke when I got it out of the freezer, theeeeeen when I was making the SMBC I had my butter in my mixing bowl and I though, 'oh I'll just scoop that out and do the meringue in that' so preceded to pour my hot egg whites/sugar into my buttery bowl, I had nooooooooo idea that it wouldn't form icon_redface.gif 10 minutes and aching wrist later I was like 'Eer where's my meringue icon_confused.gif ?' Googled it and went 'Duh!!'. My black fondant was really a dark green untill I'd used almost a whole pot of Wilton colouring! Anyway this is a lemon WASC torted into 4 layers with raspberry and the SMBC filling icon_smile.gif I love how smooth I got my cake with SMBC, I felt like such a pro!! icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for looking icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 8

To look at it you'd never know you had all that trouble. I think it looks wonderful. Sorry it gave you such a fit, but the end result is great! icon_biggrin.gif

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 8

good job shola, looks great!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 8

Oh, WOW! Neat cake..... How did you get the fondant so shiney ?

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 8

i love it. your icing is so smooth!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 8

great job! i love the colors! i would never have known you had such trouble with it.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 8

Great job, sounds yummy too! icon_biggrin.gif

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys icon_smile.gif
Grama_j, I don't know lol! I think it must have been the huge amounts of colouring I had to use! The fondant I buy is a very 'wet' and I have to add lots of flour to it, but I didn't add so much this time as I was just using it for decorations icon_biggrin.gif
Cake was a success! Melted in 5 mins of being taken out! Lol! So hot here *sigh icon_rolleyes.gif , the fondant was dripping and the little balls were sitting in puddles!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%