Metal Wilton Turntable

Decorating By rwarhank Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm by rwarhank

rwarhank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rwarhank Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:05am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used the Wilton metal turntable? I'm most interested in durability with three kids "helping" me. I'm not a pro; but I would love to get a turntable and it's half off at Michaels this week with a coupon.

7 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #2 of 8

I didn't know there was any such thing. I have the Wilton Tilting turntable and it is no good. It tends to lean even when upright. That makes it very hard to do thing evenly.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 3:05am
post #3 of 8

I have one of the metal ones and its perfect! Definately use a coupon for it! I've had it for years, even used to take it to work with me for a while as I didn't like the ones they had there!

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 3:17am
post #4 of 8

How much are they?

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:14am
post #5 of 8

I have 2 of the metal turntables and use them both one for me one for my daughter there at the shop.
$79 less 40 disc at Micheals they need to be sprayed sometimes and they will turn smoothly I just use pam.

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:46am
post #6 of 8

I love mine. I used the 50% off coupon to get mine. Then I cut a piece of the non skid pad to fit the top. So my cakes don't skid off. I almost took my toes off with it one day when I took it out of my cake cupboard. Careful when you take it out (the big nail top) not to drop the bottom.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:54pm
post #7 of 8

I use it all the time, never had a problem with it. You have to be VERY careful when picking it up though as the top comes out and the white base can fall on your feet...and THAT is toe crushing. Never needed to even lubricate mine, cleans well...great buy at the 50%!

rwarhank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rwarhank Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:04pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much for the advice (I just got back to the site) Current price here is 69.99 without the 50% coupon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%