Need To Do An Airplane Cake

Decorating By anku Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 4:22am by anku

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
My 2 yr old son loves airplane and I want to do an Airplane cake for him. I want the feel to be more like a toy airplane rather than a real one.

I want to attempt something like this from Pink cake box.
http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/category/pastry-images/children-cakes/page/2

Can anybody tell me how should I go about doing this??

Thanks so much in advance.

5 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

Well, I didn't see an airplane cake in the link you posted...but... You could just mold an airplane from gumpaste and have it up on wires...or, have a larger airplane molded from rice krispy treats, then cover in fondant. You could have this big plane sitting on top of a cake...

Otherwise, look in my photos, I have a cake that's carved like an airplane, I used cardboard for the wings and tail..

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #4 of 6

Hi I would just stack sheet cake appropriate for sevings needed, freeze till firm then. carve to shape.Use cut out piece for tail and ice .If you are not into carving there is a similar pan (plastic one) but it is really small...I have a carved plane in my gallery but it is more realistic not toyish done for a young boy who loved it and wanted to play with his plane haha...HTH

jjmoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjmoore Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:17am
post #5 of 6

no advice on this cake but it is cute, i have a different version of an airplane cake in my gallery that i made for my cousins fiance who just got his pilots lisence.

anku Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:22am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everybody for the suggestion. HmmmI guess I need to carve....anyidea if any airplane template are available?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%