My First Grooms/wedding Cake - Honest Feedback Plz

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 12:49am by sari66

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 11

Here it is. My first official Grooms Cake. The bride and groom are big gamers (Super Mario Brother's) so the theme of their wedding is Super Mario Bros. Their actual wedding cake is being made by another baker and she is doing it as Super Mario Bros. World. She showed me a picture of what it is going to look like and it is actually really cool looking. So anyway, everyone keeps asking her if that is the grooms cake. So, they decided to have a grooms cake and asked me to do it. However, this is not your typical grooms cake. They thought it would be funny to have the grooms cake look like an actual wedding cake. So in essence, this is my first wedding cake. She showed me a picture of 2 tier square cake with hearts (green colors) and asked if I could do something like it, but red instead of green with 3 round tiers instead of the 2 square tiers. Her serving set has double locking hearts so I took that and made it to match her serving set. Here it is (sorry for the picture in the fridge...had to capture it just in case I dropped it in transport...LOL)

I have to deliver it in about 3 hours....phew. It's done!
LL

10 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 11

Great job! I thought, at first, you had loaded the wrong picture because I hadn't read the entire post! LOL It looks really beautiful!

JulissaMyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulissaMyCakes Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 11

That's too funny!!! A wedding cake looking like a groom's cake and a groom's cake looking like a wedding cake.
It looks beautiful. Just beautiful!

JulissaMyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulissaMyCakes Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 11

That's too funny!!! A wedding cake looking like a groom's cake and a groom's cake looking like a wedding cake.
It looks beautiful. Just beautiful!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 11

wow that's fantastic. You really have done a great job. Well Done. thumbs_up.gif

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm
post #6 of 11

You did a great job! Hmmm.... Wonder if the bride/groom will think about "switching" whose cake is whose once they see what a good job you have done??? May not sit too well with the individual making the "wedding" cake though since the wedding cake is often said to be the center of the wedding.

Again, you did a fantastic job!

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 11

That's very pretty!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 11

You did a beautiful job!!! Pat yourself on the back and celebrate!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 11

I think it's SUPER awesome! I love the whole presentation. And the idea to switch the cakes is insane!... in a cool kinda way haha icon_cool.gif

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 11:26pm
post #10 of 11

hahahaha. Yeah, it was an insane idea, but they pulled it off. I got lots of compliments at the wedding and the bride and groom said they loved mine way more than the actual wedding cake. I was very happy. Unfortunately, we cut the other cake first and by time we cut mine, everyone filled up on the other cake. So once again, I have no real feedback on my cake and filling itself other than it looked really good. icon_cry.gif

Thanks for the nice compliments. I had fun doing it and learning new things. I was petrified transporting it already stacked, but it stayed in tact during the entire 40 mile drive. Thanks again to everyone for their help and compliments!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #11 of 11

LOL that is a great story and the cake is wonderful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%