Urgent! Can Someone Help Me Please?

Decorating By Karabear1125 Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 8:12am by veejaytx

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:38am
post #1 of 7

I have to make a book cake, due tomorrow.

It's 2 books stacked with a grad cap on top . My question is this.. it needs to feed 70 people, can someone tell me how to go about making this for the amount of servings I need? Do I bake 2 half sheet cakes (12x1icon_cool.gif Cut them in half and stack ?? So if I did that then each book will be 4" or so high? Does that sound right??? I'm really confused right now icon_sad.gif

Thanks so much and I appreciate ANY help!

6 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:58am
post #2 of 7

Hi. I don't think I can help a whole lot, but here is a link to a cake just posted that might help:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1229755

Wish I could help more.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:04am
post #3 of 7

Well, I've never made a book cake before, but according to my serving charts, one half sheet (single layer) will feed 25-30 people. So if you make 2 of these, you would probably only end up with 50-60 servings total. Therefore, the book on the bottom would need to be a little bigger. I would make 2 additional half sheets & cut a bigger book for the bottom book. Or, you could add a third book, or a book on the side to get the extra servings. HTH

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:06am
post #4 of 7

2 12 x 18 cakes would serve that many people, but I think the book cakes are only 2" high for each book. Can you make a book cake out of one and then an extra sheet to get enough servings. That would be easier. There are some book cakes on here that have 3 or 4 book cakes stacked. Be sure to support is you go more than 2- 3 high. Hope this helps some!

veejaytx Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:15am
post #5 of 7

According to the Bobwonderburns chart from here that I saved:

1/2 sheet = 14 x 19 = 40-50 servings (cut 6 down, 8 across)

I would think two 12 x 18's would be enough cake.

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 7:53am
post #6 of 7

Thank you guys sooo much!! That's what I thought that 4" for a book might be kinda high too. I already have the 2 half sheet cakes baked..maybe Ill cut the one in half and make 2 books from each sheet cake so then I'll have 4 books total and then stack 3 books and leave 1 book on the side ..to bad I don't have a picture of her I could put that on the 4th book laying to the side..oh well. Do you think this will work out ok??

Oh boy, this cake is gonna be ALOT of work..sure hope it turns out alright lol

Thanks everyone SOOO MUCH!!!

veejaytx Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 8:12am
post #7 of 7

Sounds like a plan to me. We will look forward to seeing the finished product.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%