Cake Pan Preference?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm by awolf24

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 9

There are so many cake pans to choose from, it's confusing! Does anyone have a preference on cake pan manufacturers? I've been using some Wilton 8-inch round aluminum pans but want to get some other shapes, particularly squares. My local supply stores don't have a great selection of square sizes, so I'm probably going to order some. Are Wilton pans good pans? What about Fat Daddios or Magic Line? Also, what depth is preferable, 2 or 3 inches? Thanks!

8 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 9

I have all wilton pans and have never had a problem with them.

I perfer 2 inches so all I have to do is bake (2) two-inch for a four-inch high cake. No torting or anything like that.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 9

Hi,

I also have all Wilton pans, including squares and sheets. With the Wilton Decorator Preferred squares and sheets, I always have nice square edges and tops.

HTH,

Toni Ann

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the replies. I'll stick with Wilton. They are usually a little cheaper than the other ones I've seen, so I'm glad to hear that they are still great pans!

CakeDecoNewbe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDecoNewbe Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 9

Tootie0809 - Thanks for asking this question!! I have been wondering the same thing & in your same situation - have a few pans but need to buy more - However, my kiddo has been keeping me busy & I have not gotten around to posting on cc. Thanks again!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #6 of 9

I am all Magic line for square, round, and rectangle. They are a little heavier material than wilton and have more square corners.

For all other shapes I go with Fat daddio's They are also higher quality than wilton, but they do the odd shapes that magic line doesn't.

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:59pm
post #7 of 9

I have replaced all of my wilton pans with magic lines. They are wonderful!!!! I have some fat daddios and I don't like them very much. I ordered them and the company was out of magic lines so they substituted fat daddio's because I needed them quickly. However I really wish I had the time to wait because I love love love my magic line pans!!!!!!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:13pm
post #8 of 9

Magic Line all the way!!!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 9

here's another vote for Magic Line!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%