Help Me With Timeline Please...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 12:15am by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 6

Here is what I have to do...
It's a wedding...

August 30th

cake to feed 150 What should the size tiers be? They want 3 NOT 4??? Is this even doable and look right???? AND I have a standard oven... so any bigger then 16" isn't doable or is 16" even doable?????
6 doz. tuxedo and bride strawberries
50 cookies.. heart... look like top of wedding dress...

So how should I do all of this by my little ole self???

Please help

Can you make and freeze cookies??? Or should I just freeze the cake layers and make the cookies a few days before (I always think cookies made a couple days in advance taste better for some reason.. but is this professional?)

PLEASE

Thank you so much!!!

5 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 6

Deep breath - you can do it! icon_smile.gif

I am far from an expert with weddings! But if you do squares, you can do 14-10-6 and that will serve 166 including the top tier. Did they give you a design?

I'd bake/freeze the cake layers and bake/freeze the cookies too to save time. Those strawberries will likely take alot of time and have to be done at the last minute. I haven't frozen decorated cookies, but lots of people on the cookie forum have done it. Maybe they can offer some tips.

wgoat5 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 6

This is why I said I wasn't going to do weddings LOL... They want 150 servings PLUS they want to save the top tier GRRR... well the square tiers would work though... 6 serving for the top tier right? So that would mean we have enough icon_biggrin.gif YAHOOOOO>> icon_smile.gif

I thought I'd bake and freeze the cake layers a week before... then I'd go ahead and make the cookies.. I posted in the cookie section also. Sooo after I get the cakes baked I guess I will go ahead and make the sugar cookies... about 3 days before I'll decorate them.... I'll make cake icing that day also....to have it ready... 2 days before I will fill and wrap the cakes for settling... the next day I will decorate.. BUT when do I do the strawberries.. late the night before I guess icon_sad.gif UGHHH too much stress LOL

Thank you beachcakes icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 6

Hey Christi,

Yeppers...like beachcakes said...You can do this! icon_smile.gif On the cake sizes, if they did not specify a shape then use what you have and are comfortable with. Did they say they wanted to keep the top, or is it included in the cake count? You could always make it mixed shapes too. There are sheets of designs in the Template Section of the Picture Gallery. Play with it - I get out my pans sometimes, and stack them up to see what it looks like...lol icon_razz.gif

Figure out your design and get those cakes in the freezer! You can make the cookie dough anytime and freeze it. About a week and a half before the wedding, and you get busy with the cake, do the cookies and seal them in air tight containers...they will be fine! The morning of...will be ALL strawberry's, so have everything ready to go.

Good luck,
Pat

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 6

When I do cookies, I use fondant on them immediately out of the oven and it works great! No filling...just decorate from there. What time do you have to deliver? The strawberry's cannot be in the frig after decorating, so you will either have to pull a very late nighter, or early morning...

wgoat5 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:15am
post #6 of 6

They wanna keep the top tier... they haven't decided on shape but I am hoping sq. as I can get more servings for a 3 tier... Yeppers I was going to do the strawberries the night before ..

OMG .. I am SOOO glad you all are here to help icon_smile.gif

Couldn't do this without ya's MUUUWAHHHH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%