Jennifer Dontz, Toni & The Leaning Tower Of Pisa

Lounge By Toniprev Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm by VannaD

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 2

Jennifer Dontz is currently doing a European cruise with her family, so we took advantage of meeting today at The Leaning Tower of Pisa! Sadly the weather was terrible.. drizzling rain for most of the day. We had arranged to meet at 10am.... at the Tower... this was done via messenger. We arrive at the tower at 10am.. and I am shocked at seeing how many people were there!!! Plus today is a public holiday. so there was a military parade etc... I started to panic a bit... thinking how on earth would we find each other. Our meeting point was a bit vague too..... at the entrance... (my husband Patrizio tells me when we are there there are many entrances... I thought there was just one)... Patrizio then suggests I text her... Oh I have to tell Patrizio I have no phone number as they have no mobile phones with them.Patrizio cannot believe I would organise to meet here!.. so we walk back and forth a couple of times.. me scrutinising anyone who passed to see if I could spot Jennifer and her family!!! Finally my telephone rings, and Jennifer's son is on the phone.. they are there.. so we give a clear meeting point... and hooray. relief of relief... we find each other! We meet Jennifer, her husband Jeff, and her two gorgeous sons, Jason & Joe. After a few photos at Pisa.. we then drove to Lucca, where we wandered in the rain.. sadly a lot of shops were closed due to the public holiday. We had a lovely lunch.. pasta & pizza., wine, beer & limoncello! Another wander around Lucca.. a gelati.. a coffee.. and then it was time to say goodbye, and drop the Dontz family at the station so they could catch their train back to Livorno, where their ship was in port. Jennifer was so lovely, although I already knew that from our chats on messen ger and a acouple of phonecalls we had already had regarding organising our flower class to be held in my home in September... she bought some supplies over ready for the September class....... and I had also ordered some silicone moulds from Melissa at www.decoratethecake.com and had them delivered to Jennifer... so I was happy to have those today too!!!
Have included a cloudy, grey photo of us in Pisa....
Apart from the rain, we had a beautiful day... and bored the men stupid with our chatting about cakes, gumpaste, moulds, flowers etc.... .

1 reply
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 2

great pic, great story, and youre right there were a lot of ppl there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%