Faded Fondant In The Sun?

Decorating By fondantfrenzy Updated 30 May 2008 , 10:25pm by fondantfrenzy

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:09am
post #1 of 4

Ok so I spend like forever making those baby shower cookies last night, stayed up until 3:00 am as a matter of fact, when I got up this morning I had all of the cookies layed out on the table and decided to move them off to the side so DH wouldnt let the kids get to them. There was a little bit of sun peeking in through the window, this was 7:00 am mind you. I got home from work to find that all 35 cookies had faded and lost color and the decor was all WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am guessing the cello bag it was in magnified the sun?

Is this just some wierd fluke thing or has anyone else experienced such a bazar thing?

3 replies
AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:15am
post #2 of 4

Ye, it fades very easily. I have cakes in my shop windows & colored fondant will be faded by the end of the day if I put it in there (learned that one the hard way myself too!) I've noticed it fades even when it is not in the direct sunlight too. I'm so sorry to hear about your cookies though. I hope they were fixable!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:02am
post #3 of 4

Were they pink? I've found that pink fades the worst, for me at least. The kitchen in my new place is like a dark little shed and the only nice thing about that is that I can put whatever I want in there, and it won't fade. At my last apartment, with windows in the kitchen, my pink fondant would fade within a day.

You might be able to paint them with some paste color thinned with vodka. The vodka will evaporate and just leave the color on the cookies.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 4

I actually airbrushed them with Pink Shimmer from Lucks, the ones that were 1/2 white and 1/2 pink i just had to redo...it was very depressing becusae i spent along time. If they keep it in the dark it wont fade right?...I redid them and my friend picked them up today for a shower tomorrow. I told her to keep them out of the sunlight..it should be fine for the shower right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%