Where Do I Start?

Decorating By marie92001 Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 4:34pm by AmyGonzalez

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:19pm
post #31 of 35

I think i have the basic stuff to get me started and i am saving for a really good mixer. I know they are NOT cheap but does anyone have any suggestions as to a good one that is fairly priced?
Thank you, AGAIN!
Donna[/quote]

I got my 1st 5qt. Kitchen Aid @ Linen's & Things. They run a 20% off coupon in the paper every couple of weeks. I got my 2nd (nothing wrong with the 1st) Kitchen Aid @ Lowe's for $150! I actually bought 4 @ Lowe's, & sold 3 on ebay b/c that was a great steal. So, just keep your eyes open for a deal. Even if I had to pay the full price, it would be worth every penny.

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:47pm
post #32 of 35

Search for "reconditioned" KA mixers too. They are used, but can be very good buys!

marie92001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marie92001 Posted 31 May 2008 , 5:57pm
post #33 of 35

Thank you BOTH! I have seen the reconditioned ones but they werent much cheaper than the new ones so i would probably just save a little extra to get one that is new!

marie92001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marie92001 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:37am
post #34 of 35

OK after finishing both the cakes i wanted to do (my first cakes YEAH!)
there HAS to be a secret to make a chocolate cake with light frosting WITHOUT getting any cake in the frosting! hahahaha
NOT what i was hoping for!
For the second cake , let me say i LOVE LOVE LOVE working with fondant!!
Although my cake was a little lop sided (hehe) for the first cake it was really fun and didnt look too bad!
I have pictures and not sure where i should post them????
Thank you ALL you wonderful people!
I cant wait to make another one but i think i will try another cake recipe as the one i picked ( chocolate from scracth was just ok!)
my husband and kids LOVE chocolate and i think i need a better tasting recipe!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:34pm
post #35 of 35

Congrats on your first! thumbs_up.gif You need to upload the pics under "first time cakes" catagory. Can't wait to see them! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%