Weird Request From Dd My Friends.. Please Look

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 12:08pm by Kiddiekakes

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #1 of 67

My DD LOVES people.. I mean she LOVES people LOL.. she is 11 and going on 16 BUT... everytime a CC member calls the house LOL she wants to have their addy to write to them LOL .. yes did I say she LOVES people and LOVES penpals icon_smile.gif (she is a sweety )

But could you all maybe give her a (as DS puts it) shout out to Shelby my DD?

She wanted me to say to all of you "HI!!!!" And that she wants to write someone LOL

So if you could just humor us LOL

icon_smile.gif

Thanks a million guys icon_smile.gif

66 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:08am
post #2 of 67

Hi Shelby. Have you ever grouted floor tile, or hung drywall? I got a job for ya in Detroit. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:13am
post #3 of 67

Hi Shelby,

All I can say is that you should tell your mom that she needs to take you to St. Augustine next time. You would love it!

Judy

wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #4 of 67

LOL Judy!! We spend TONS of money in St. A EVERY year LOL.. don't give her any ideas icon_wink.gif LOL

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:23am
post #5 of 67

. . . shoutin' out to Shelby . . . hey girl . . . how's it goin"?? icon_biggrin.gif . . . your mom's right (you are a sweety) . . . luv you long time icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:23am
post #6 of 67

Mike.. I'm sure she would try LOL.. she LOVES playing with tiles .. Breaking them mostly LOL

Ohh she is listening for the ding of the email.. to see if she gets any hits on this LOL

Don't worry about giving her a addy.. she just wants people to say hello.. she is a poor little girl whom mom won't let her get on MYSPACE like her other friends..so she feels deprived LOL.. but I'm not budging..

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:28am
post #7 of 67

my kids are not allowed on myspace either or my 11 year old niece when she's at my house.

Hi Shelby, hope you are having a wonderful day. Hey, after your done helping Mike tile have your mom drive you about 1 hour 15 minutes south and you can help me paint the bathrooms. icon_wink.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #8 of 67

Greeting from up north Shelby! (Find Toronto on the map. See me waving? It will please your mom for a minute that you're doing something for geography. icon_lol.gif )

As for MySpace, forget it. This place is WAAAAY cooler. If your friends knew about it, they'd all be over here instead! icon_smile.gif Think about it. we make stuff for a living...then we get to eat it! What beats that??

See ya!

~Helen (aka Antonia74)

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:32am
post #9 of 67

Hi Shelby, from California!
I think you would have fun if you came to my house. It is 110 years old. I have a bedroom completely furnished like it was in 1897, one like in 1927 and one like in 1957. It is fun to think about how people lived so different in each of those times. It was much different from what your life is like now.
I hope you have a fun vacation from school this summer.

bec_elias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bec_elias Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:32am
post #10 of 67

Hi Shelby! It's so cool that you want to say hi to us. Do you like to decorate cakes? My daughter is eight and she would give anything to be 11! Here's to Shelby.... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:35am
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Mike.. I'm sure she would try LOL.. she LOVES playing with tiles .. Breaking them mostly LOL

Ohh she is listening for the ding of the email.. to see if she gets any hits on this LOL

Don't worry about giving her a addy.. she just wants people to say hello.. she is a poor little girl whom mom won't let her get on MYSPACE like her other friends..so she feels deprived LOL.. but I'm not budging..

The myspace comments brings back one of my fondest memories of messing with my dd. She wasn't allowed to have a myspace and and she set her one up anyway. She would erase the history on the computer so I couldn't see, but Mom is not as stupid as she thinks. She also put remember me so she wouldn't have to log in everytime, so accessing her site was child's play. Me and dh had the best time jacking up her site. We replaced her pictures with pictures of us, changed her headlines. Her friends told her at school. She had to suffer all day waiting for me to pick her up wondering about punishment.(3 months no computer) SO... back on topic (sorry)
Hello Shelby I hope you are having a wonderful day! Try clubpenguin, it is safer than Myspace and it has cool games!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #12 of 67

Hi Shelby..... Your Mom is right... follow her advice.. and tell her that I said she watches Steel Magnolias too much icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Have a great Summer~!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #13 of 67

Jola Shelby!
Perhaps an email penpal would work? Someone's child from here maybe? You'd have alot in common. I don't know if my son (he's 10) would be interested but it's an idea for ya. It's alot faster than snail mail that's fer shur! Don't give your mom TOO hard a time! If you do it's wasn't my fault! Have a good evenin' hun.

Adios from West Texas

jnoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnoel Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #14 of 67

Hi Shelby from South Carolina. My niece is 11 and she is not allowed to have a myspace account either. She lives on the webkinz Website instead. You should bake us something and post the picture!

Jill

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:49am
post #15 of 67

Hi Shelby! I have 2 daughters, 13 and 7. You can have your mom PM me if you'd like to email them. I'm sure they'd love it. It's fun to learn about different parts of the country!

I don't remember who suggested it, but I vote for ClubPenguin too. My older daughter loves it!

Take Care,
Jen in PA

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:50am
post #16 of 67

Hi Shelby, from Georgia!
That is so nice of your mom to share this wonderful site with you. My daughter will be 2 in August, so she isn't quite old enough to understand it all. She knows that when mommy makes a cake it's time for a sample. Hope you have fun reading all these messages just for you. And by the way, I love steel magnoilas...I always thought her name was so pretty, you are lucky.

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #17 of 67

Hi Shelby from NC icon_biggrin.gif ! Don't worry sweetie, you're not alone.....I won't let any of my daughters on MYSPACE either, even my almost 16 year old.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:52am
post #18 of 67

Shelby- My dog -her name is Lizzie- that's her 'Diva' picture on the left- would love to have you come and fuss with her. She's a 55 lb. standard poodle. She loves girly stuff. She got a new pink tee shirt today- sorry, no pictures yet. Which she happily wore for a couple of hours until my neice decided it was time to take it off. Lizzie was not a happy camper about that. She wanted to keep her new shirt! She also loves to play and run and generally be rowdy, or curl upon your bed and cuddle. She really is a perfect girl's poodle She even likes to have her tail puff combed onto a perfect pompon.

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:55am
post #19 of 67

Howdy there Shelby, don't feel bad about the myspace thing. My daughter is 10 and she isn't allowed to have one either.

Christi, if Shelby wants I can give you my email and her and my daughter can email each other since they are pretty close in age. Just pm me and let me know!!

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #20 of 67

Hey Shelby~This is Terri. I live on a farm in south Mississippi. After you are done hanging sheetrock, tile and painting the bathrooms, you can have your mom bring you down here for a vacation. We live way out in the country, about 20 minutes from the nearest WalMart, we have chicken houses (they do stink but you get used to it), cows, horses, dogs, a cat and a turtle named Shell. The only thing we are missing is a partridge in a pear tree. icon_wink.gif We also have a creek that we go swimming in when we want to take a break from the pool. Did I mention we live out in the country? icon_lol.gif

I have a daughter, Katie, that's going to be 8 in a couple of weeks. She loves to get snail mail. If your mom says it's ok, ask her to send me a PM and we'll exchange addresses and you can have a pen pal from south Mississippi.

Have a good night and stay far, far away from MySpace. It's no good.
thumbs_up.gif

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:02am
post #21 of 67

Hey Shelby -- this is a shoutout from southeast Missouri right where the spur would be on the boot of the bootheel!

I'm excited that you are a people person -- my DD is also -- we have always teased her that she would talk to a sign post as long as it wiggles every once in a while!! But being able to converse with people is a great gift to have - it will open a lot of doors for you one day.

Short example -- My DD graduated 2 weeks ago with her RN (will have BSN next May). She was hired in March to work on a cardiac floor once she graduated. The Head Murse (male nurse as they call them) that interviewed and hired her told her that he and the rest of the nurses on the floor considered my DD to be the top of the class that was graduating due to her ability to talk with the patients, their families and with the doctors and fellow nurses! He said grades are great but if you can't communicate what good will it do?

And if you are 11 then you are probably old enough to take a babysitting training class and possibly start babysitting some children. My DD started when she was 12 and still babysits now. She has made some really great money and learned a lot of great lessons and maturity while babysitting or as she says -- "playing with the kids". (Not to mention the cool vacations to Gulf Shores to 'help' babysit those kids while the families were vacationing -- no cost to her and they still paid her money!!)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is -- find things that will enhance your 'people person personality' and let it grow!! And I don't think MySpace is the place for you to do that at this point!! My DS is 20 and doesn't MySpace and my DD is 23 and just started -- so believe mom when she says 'everbody does not do myspace!'

Sorry I got so long winded -- but it was great to meet you -- you sound like a great young lady!!

Suze

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:03am
post #22 of 67

Hi from your own backyard - Louisville!!! Shelby, I have a sixteen year old son, and a 19 year old son -NEITHER OF WHOM CARE EVEN A LITTLE BIT FOR MYSPACE!!! It's kewl to be different. Swim against the current, sweetie. And... Listen to your Momma... she knows best! icon_lol.gif

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #23 of 67

Hi Shelby,
I live in South Carolina very near Myrtle Beach. I only have one daughter who is 24. She graduated college last year and is working now.

If you want to come and visit me, I won't make you work. I only want you to teach me your Mom's cake secrets so I can make cakes that look like hers. If you tell me ALL of her cake secrets, I will take you to the beach. icon_smile.gif

Listen to your Mom because she does know best.
Donna

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:16am
post #24 of 67

Howdy, Miss Shelby! It's really cool that you're such a people person. You must have a great mom to have raised a daughter that is so socially mature. I just love kids like that!

Know that you have someone in Texas that thinks you're a great kid!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:22am
post #25 of 67

Hey there, Shelby.

Here's a shout out from NJ. I just love talking with your mom on this site! For our age group she's pretty kewl! We like to make eachother laugh.

Anyway, when you're done with all the sheetrocking, and tile work and get tired of playing on the farm (which will be quick since you already have your own, right?), then tell Mom you want to take a ride through West Virginia and Maryland and visit New Jersey. I don't have a farm, but I'm still rural enough. There's a river running through my backyard and there are enough farms around here. People up the road from us have sheep or goats or both. lol

Seriously, though if you want a snail mail pen pal, I have a daughter who will be turning 10 in about two weeks and boy does she love to talk. I asked her and if you're willing she would love to write to you (uh oh, better go buy lots of paper!). lol If you want, just tell mom to e-mail me and we can exchange addresses.

So do you share Mom's passion for cakes? There, you already have an opening topic to discuss with Diana (my older daughter). You can both talk about your crazy moms and how there's always cake and cake decorating supplies around the house! lol

Anyway, take care and enjoy your thread!

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:24am
post #26 of 67

Hello Shelby--

I'm in Mike's neck of the woods--Detroit, Michigan! The exciting new here is that the Red Wings(hockey) are in the Stanley Cup finals AND the Pistons are in the Eastern Division final. My poor hubby & 15 year old son are flippin TV channels like crazy! Meanwhile, my 15 year old daughter is on the phone--again! and I'm nagging her about her algebra homework
My kids are counting the days to summer vacation and our family vacation!
Hope all these replies make you smile! Have a great summer & keep away from MySpace

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #27 of 67

Aloha Shelby, mom can always pop you on a plane & you can visit me in Hawaii. I have a grandson who will be 13 in August, his mom wont let him go on my space either. Mom's know best don't they Christi? My grandson is deaf, but he loves people too & is very sociable. In his 13 years he has already traveled quite a lot, Africa, Israel, Disney Cruise & a few cruises to Mexico & of course he comes to visit us. Oh I nearly forgot Las Vegas & New York, also Canada.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:28am
post #28 of 67

Hi Shelby! I love your name! I love the movie "steel magnolias" and have loved the name ever since I first watched it.
I'm in West Virginia. I have 2 daughters, but they are all grown up. As a matter of fact, I am planning a wedding for my youngest (2icon_cool.gif for this summer. Have any wedding ideas?
Hope you have a great summer!
Sue (subaru)

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:31am
post #29 of 67

Hi Shelby -

Here's a shout-out from good ol' North Carolina! I have two daughters of my own. They are 4 and 5 (see my avatar pic). I hope you have a great Summer vacation! I wish you the very best.

April

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:45am
post #30 of 67

Hey Miss Shelby! I see your mom has passed the CC bug on to you too! Awesome! And Myspace is not all it's cracked up to be. I ended up with a pseudo-stalker on there, so it is NOT cool! thumbsdown.gif

Anyway, here's my shout out from waayyy down south in good ol' San Antonio, where the Alamo is OR more importantly where one of three Sea World's is! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%