Got An Airbrush...now What....help

Decorating By nancylynwallace Updated 28 May 2008 , 6:46pm by vickymacd

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 6

I once again need your help! DH ordered an airbrush and compressor for me. (Powercat Gravity feed). The only instructions were where to hook up the hose. Now I am sitting here feeling stupid not knowing what to do. I went on You-Tube to try to find some basic instructions, but no luck. Can anyone help me?! PRETTY PLEASE!! Thank you in advance.
icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif
Nancy

5 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 6

Nancy,
First off, play with it lots!! my husband got me artist paper and I played on that for awhile. Then I played with cutting shapes just to get the idea of patterns. Most people will tell you to use coloring books, but that was always too tough for me! I've attached a link that may help you a bit. At least encourage you to not give up! Practice practice is all I can say.
Good Luck!
Vicky
http://www.howtoairbrush.com/Lindex.htm

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 6

I am in the exact same boat as you! I bought the same airbrush off of ebay and I am lost! Hopefully some nice, wonderful, talented, beautiful people here will give us some good tips!!

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks Vicky! Jenbakes cakes, we're in this together!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylynwallace

Thanks Vicky! Jenbakes cakes, we're in this together!

Make that 3! icon_rolleyes.gif I've played with mine once and I can definitely say I have no clue what I'm doing.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 6

All I asked my husband to do was check into a $5 bottle at Home Depot one day and now I have about 12 airbrushes and one heck of a fantastic compresser with gauges! He was like Tim on Home Improvement! Unfortunately, I haven't played with mine in a very long time. Forgot how he set it up and he is no longer with us. But will get into it again. Just google 'airbrush' and you'll find all sorts of videos and tutorials. I've done only one cake that I posted (honeycomb), and on one I blew off the frosting. You'll get the hang of it. Some people this is second nature to them, me....it's a challenge!! Attached is a pic of what I meant by playing on paper.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%