Will Magic Shell Work?

Decorating By mysweetconfetions Updated 27 May 2008 , 7:01pm by gottabakenow

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

I am making 20 cake cicles for a co-worker with the cake cicle pan from country kitchens. Does anybody know if the Magic Shell ice cream topping will work over BC to make these really look like popcicles? If it won't work anybody got any ideas besides fondant, as it is not a option? Thanks

5 replies
jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 6

i tried the magic shell over cake balls and it completely did NOT work. it stayed wet and even began melting. quite a mess, i presume it hardens b/c of the cold of the ice cream it's meant for. i would try reg. melting chocolate, you know the kind that you would use to cover strawberries. hth!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 6

It might work if you freeze them. The cold is what makes the magic shell harden.

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 6

I don't think magic shell will work, because by design, it hardens when you put it on something cold like ice cream. Chocolate ganache would be ideal- there are several recipes on here that are good, or candy melts, or melted chocolate that you would use on cake truffles.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetconfetions

I am making 20 cake cicles for a co-worker with the cake cicle pan from country kitchens. Does anybody know if the Magic Shell ice cream topping will work over BC to make these really look like popcicles? If it won't work anybody got any ideas besides fondant, as it is not a option? Thanks

Ok, what is a cake circle pan? Just a regular pan? I'd love to help but I don't know what you are talking about. I'm a little slow. icon_cry.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri729

I don't think magic shell will work, because by design, it hardens when you put it on something cold like ice cream. Chocolate ganache would be ideal- there are several recipes on here that are good, or candy melts, or melted chocolate that you would use on cake truffles.

you could do a white chocolate ganache and color it if you wanted it to be a certain color. I've never actually made ganache so I don't know if you can do that, but it's an idea.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%