My First Mmf Shoes...finished

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 2:38pm by nickymom

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 38

I am pleased with the way they turned out...better than I hoped for. I still have a long way to go to master them icon_wink.gif

They are part of the cake that I am doing for my great neice's upcoming fifteenth b/d at the end of the month.

I'm undecided which Gold Luster Dust I want to airbrush them.

I used MMF mixed with Fixodent Extra Hold Powder and boy, that stuff is great, I love using it because it speeds up the drying time icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Nati for your wonderful tutorial on how to do gum paste shoesthumbs_up.gif
LL
LL

37 replies
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 38

Wow, Stephanie! Those turned out great! thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 38

You really did a great job especially being that it was your first time making shoes out of mmf.

I am so inspired!!!! thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 38

Wow! Great job! When do you add the fixodent powder? While you're mixing the mmf, or after? How long do you have to work with it before it starts to get hard?

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 38

Nice shoes! do they come in a size 8? icon_lol.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 38

you did a great job.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 38

Wow, great shoes, Love them!!! I'm also curious on how you add the fixodent. Thanks for sharing!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 38

Your shoes came out beautiful.
I too am so happy that ''Nati'' did that tutorial. It looks easy to follow with so many pictures.
Hopefully someday I will be able to make them!!!

stephanie214 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Wow! Great job! When do you add the fixodent powder? While you're mixing the mmf, or after? How long do you have to work with it before it starts to get hard?

I do not add it to the whole batch of MMF, only to what I think that I will be using on each step because it starts to dry while working on the piece. You will be able to tell the difference.

Example: for each heel, I added a little Fixodent and shaped that heel and then repeated for the other heel.

Depending on how much you add determines the drying time.

Make sure you get it in the powder form and extra strength; I love the squirt bottle.

Thanks missyek and sweeteecakes thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:19pm
post #10 of 38

Oh WOW!! Those are extraordinary!!! GREAT JOB!!! icon_biggrin.gif

stephanie214 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:25pm
post #11 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

Nice shoes! do they come in a size 8? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif That is so funny icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif My neice is a size 8 to 8 1/2.

Thanks everyone for your encouragements thumbs_up.gif

pammelasue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammelasue Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 38

I was going to ask the same question as cocorum21...I'm in a wedding in June and those would be perfect!

Very nice, looks like you could slip them right on!
Pam

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 6:46pm
post #13 of 38

Beautiful Stephanie! I can't wait to see the cake. I was going to try a pillow cake with the shoes this week or next week too. I hope mine look 1/2 as good as yours do!

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 9:19pm
post #14 of 38

Hey stephanie

the shoes look fantastic, how cool is nati's tutorial, she makes things so easy for us learners...

i can't wait to see the finished cake, but judging by how gorgeous your shoes turned out the cake is going to be amazing...

cheers

kylie

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 11:44pm
post #15 of 38

Great looking shoes! I have printed out Nati's tutorial but have not yet have the courage to try making the shoes. Hopefull soon.
You did a great job on yours. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

stephanie214 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 2:14pm
post #16 of 38

sweet_as_tisse
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey stephanie

the shoes look fantastic, how cool is nati's tutorial, she makes things so easy for us learners...

i can't wait to see the finished cake, but judging by how gorgeous your shoes turned out the cake is going to be amazing...

cheers

kylie

Yep, Nati did a fantastic job writing up easy instructions. Anytime I can follow along and not get confused icon_confused.gif icon_confused.gif , then that's saying alot icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the encouragement...I need all I can get icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful Stephanie! I can't wait to see the cake. I was going to try a pillow cake with the shoes this week or next week too. I hope mine look 1/2 as good as yours do!

Hey NTD,

Now you know that we do our first cakes together icon_biggrin.gif Get to stepping on making those shoes icon_lol.gif

By the way, I will be trying that pillow cake out soon as I finish trying the handbag to go along with the shoes. icon_biggrin.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:02pm
post #17 of 38

Ah Stephanie, it was the CC glitch and not my computer, now I can see your photos. Very lovely work, aren't the shoes fun to make? You can be as creative as you want with them.

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:12pm
post #18 of 38

Love the shoes! I bet your niece will be really pleased.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:15pm
post #19 of 38

Hey Stephanie, the shoes are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'm going to have to try those myself.
Thanks for the info about the Fixodent! I was wondering what I could add to aid in the drying time. I guess I should have asked!
Sue

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:44pm
post #20 of 38

Great job Stephanie, they turned out terrific!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:29pm
post #21 of 38

WOW, those are GREAT!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 10:15pm
post #22 of 38

Can I ask a dumb question? Well I can icon_confused.gif but here goes anyway: What is this about Fixodent? I thought Fixodent was a toothpaste if I'm not mistaken. So you can see the confusion here...icon_cool.gif Can someone please clarify? icon_smile.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 11:08pm
post #23 of 38

fixodent is a denture adhesive product

and, stephanie! those shoes look great!

stephanie214 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:29am
post #24 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Can I ask a dumb question? Well I can icon_confused.gif but here goes anyway: What is this about Fixodent? I thought Fixodent was a toothpaste if I'm not mistaken. So you can see the confusion here...icon_cool.gif Can someone please clarify? icon_smile.gif

There's no such thing as a dumb question icon_biggrin.gif

Yep, Fixodent is a bonding agent used to hold dentures in the mouth. I'm not scientific but I'm guessing the drying agent is what makes it dry faster thumbs_up.gif .

Thanks everyone...can't wait to use the CC Dust to airbrush them icon_biggrin.gif

Better hurry to place your order for the dusts thumbs_up.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:41am
post #25 of 38

Oh, Stephanie you did an outstanding job on the shoes. I can see it now - brides to be will be asking for their wedding shoes to be put on their wedding shower cakes before the actual wedding. You may have started a new tradition. Please post pictures of the finished cake when you can.

P.S. I love the note on Fixodent - I too didn't know what you were talking about.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:45am
post #26 of 38

The shoes look wonderful Stephanie. May I ask is this a fixodent powder that you add to the MMF & if so how much? I must have missed something, everyone seems to know about it. Sorry if I am making you repeat yourself. I am just thinking that if fixodent dries so hard, it might resolve the Gum paste/Humidty problem for me...... ever hopeful. It is worth a try.
June

Richiescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richiescakes Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:55am
post #27 of 38

Love the shoes! Great job. This is one of my next projects!!icon_smile.gif Hope mine come out this great!

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 5:13am
post #28 of 38

Wow, I want to put them on! Beautiful!

stephanie214 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:54am
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar

The shoes look wonderful Stephanie. May I ask is this a fixodent powder that you add to the MMF & if so how much? I must have missed something, everyone seems to know about it. Sorry if I am making you repeat yourself. I am just thinking that if fixodent dries so hard, it might resolve the Gum paste/Humidty problem for me...... ever hopeful. It is worth a try.
June

[quote="stephanie214"]

I do not add it to the whole batch of MMF, only to what I think that I will be using on each step because it starts to dry while working on the piece. You will be able to tell the difference.

Example: for each heel, I added a little Fixodent and shaped that heel and then repeated for the other heel.

Depending on how much you add determines the drying time.

Make sure you get it in the powder form and extra strength; I love the squirt bottle.

Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 12:46pm
post #30 of 38

You've done a great job with those shoes ! Do you use the fixodent instead of cmc ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%