Sweetex: Where To Get 20# And Can I "stretch" It??

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm by Eileenscakes

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

I got 3lb. of Sweetex from the local cake store - $11 +tax (holy cow!). I have looked online trying to find either a 10 or 20 pound box. 50# is waaayyy too much for me, GSA is out of the 5lb and I can't find anything in between....any ideas?

Also, I am going to try the Sugarshack icing....can I use half butter? Is this a bad idea? Also, is SS icing stiff enough to pipe the dam in cakes with filling? I have been having some construction problems and If I don't use a super tough dam icing, the cake isnt level and filling squishes out.

I appreciate any advice on any of the above topics, or anything else ~ money management tips, random uses for vinegar, how to make your own mulch..........how to get my husband to pick up his socks.

I'm really open. icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

4 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

I could use about 20 lbs of HR also. I don't think I could use 50 lbs at this time, plus I don't have anywhere to store it.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 5

I could use about 20 lbs of HR also. I don't think I could use 50 lbs at this time, plus I don't have anywhere to store it.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 5

I'd like to know if I can make SS icing with butter as well. I don't think I could be comfortable with making buttercream without actual butter. icon_smile.gif Anywho, I'm sitting here watching SS BC DVD and just amazed at all I'm learning and it's not even half over yet (not to mention amazed at how many acronyms I can fit into one sentence- ha!)! Two more DVDs to go after this. Forget dinner! LOL!

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 5

I used SS BC for the first time on my last cake (hula girl) and was worried about the dam as well because she was a little top heavy icon_eek.gif lol!. It was perfect, there as not bulge and also nothing oozed out.

As for the hubby picking up the socks...good luck I think it is impossible to teach an "old dog" new tricks so we just have to remember that when raising our boys!! (mine is 6 and knows exactly where the laundry hamper is lol)
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%