Oxyclean.. No Gloves .. Cleaned All Day Ouch

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 22 May 2008 , 4:07pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:28am
post #1 of 9

Please always wear gloves if you ever wear this stuff... I cleaned carpet (oopsies made by kids), and some grease stains on the wall by the back door thanks to DH!!!

I forgot to wear gloves... cleaned all day..

NOW my hands are red and peeling VERY painful... anything I can put on them?

I mean really peeling...like they are burnt icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:01am
post #2 of 9

I can't help with the hands. I'd say lotion, but an alcohol free one.

Next time you need to clean little kiddo carpet messes try Woollite's Deep OxiClean spot cleaner. I think that is the name of it, but I know it is Woolite brand, blue spray bottle. I used it this last week on some red ink that was on my carpet for over 3 years and it cleaned almost all of it up and I think another try at it, it will get it all. I used a little brush to work it into the carpet so I didn't have to touch it. icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 9

Ouch! If there is a warning on the back of the bottle for skin contact, it probably also has either first aid treatment or a number for the poison control. They might know what to put on it to soothe your skin. You could also search an MSDS database for more information. Get yourself some gloves young lady!

Adding, I just did a search for the oxiclean msds sheet ( http://www.oxiclean.com/msds/23.pdf ) and it says it shouldn't bother skin. did you use anything else? Wait, here's another msds and it said it is drying to the skin. Do you think they are just overly dry? ( http://www.oxiclean.com/msds/30.pdf ). Oh man, I hope you can get some relief soon!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #4 of 9

aaahhh! Your poor hands. Oxyclean hurts my hands too but I've never had them get that bad. Poor thing.

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:11am
post #5 of 9

ok.. update on hands... skin peeled away from inbetween fingers...and partially at the wrist icon_sad.gif

very raw and parts were bleeding this morning...SO.. if not better tomorrow.. I'm going to the doc.

Tried burn cream.. hasn't worked icon_sad.gif

lathered up with moisturizer but wears off quickly.. Thank goodness or I wouldnt be at my puter lol

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 9

just go to the doc., sounds like you need medical treatment.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 9

Try aquaphor ointment, and put some soft gloves on after you put it on so it can soak in (or socks over your hands if you don't have gloves).

Don't use a liquid bandage, in case you're tempted. It would probably help eventually, but it would sting like heck when you first put it on.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 9

I second the aquaphor. I have dry skin naturally and all the hand washing at the bakery just rocks my poor hands. I grease and glove (well, sock, every night... sidebar: then wear the socks on your feet the next day for soft feet too!)

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all icon_smile.gif .. I am calling DH to pick me up some icon_smile.gif

Not near as bad this morning and not really sore.. just a little but not real bad

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%