Together Or In Pieces?

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 20 May 2008 , 2:46pm by twistedsplinters

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 4

I have only done wedding cakes that will feed about50ppl so i usually put them together and take them whole.
But I am doing a cake that will feed 100-150ppl sizes 16,12,8 round.

What are your suggestions, should I put it together and take it whole or take it in pieces and assemble it there. The reception is only about 8miles away from me but i still will have to get on the main road where tons of ppl speed and drive crazy?

3 replies
Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 4

I would take it in parts an assemble it on-site, especially if you feel you will encounter crazy drivers on your 8 mile drive.

I just had an incident where the cake although did not fall apart, was a bit crooked by the time I got it on-site. I wouldn't take a chance on a cake that size.

Good luck!

Lauree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauree Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 4

I say assemble on site and take extra icing, and a carrier with bags, tips, things you think you'll need to put the cake together.

I did this with a wedding cake before and I had to drive 2 hours. I wasn't nervous at all driving, but had it been together that would've been another story.

Good luck.

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 4

GREAT THEN THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO TAKE IT IN PIECES BRING ALL MY ICING AND SUPPLIES AND ASSEMBLE IT THERE!!

THANKS!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%