Thank You Wgoat5!!! Yummiest Chocolate Cake Ever!

Decorating By JenWhitlock Updated 12 Apr 2015 , 12:24pm by WeezyS

new2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
new2bake Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:50pm
post #31 of 41

coffee granules?? like sub 1 1/2 cup of water for 1 1/2 cup of coffee granules??? wont they be like in one's mouth? and does that mean instant coffee?

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:17pm
post #32 of 41

thanks

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:40pm
post #33 of 41

I think she meant if she doesn't have brewed coffee on hand, she makes the instant using coffee granules. I use cooled coffee from the pot and add a tsp. of instant espresso granules for a little extra kick.

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:03pm
post #34 of 41

have been searching for a chocolate recipe and am so happy to have found this discussion! can't wait to try it tomorrow. is there any particular chocolate cake mix you recommend? am thinking of doing an "oreo" cake--2 layers of chocolate cake, one white in between. want to do an oreo filling. i'm traveling with this cake to my niece's graduation, need an icing that can take the trip, maybe some heat in the car. thinking about the basic crisco bc. saw an oreo filling on here that uses marshmallow cream. any suggestions?

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:16pm
post #35 of 41

I'll definitely be trying this.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:22am
post #36 of 41

Just found this thread and I'm trying it right now!! Minus the coffee though...I don't drink it, so even though I have some I don't really know how to use my coffee maker. I know that sounds silly, but I got a really fancy one for my wedding and I can't use it!!

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm
post #37 of 41

Thank you for the recipe. I have yet to try the original and I can't wait.
Thanks,
Naty

schatze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schatze Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:11pm
post #38 of 41

Hi!

I'm excited to have found this. I am baking a cake for my clinic rotation this Saturday and was requested to make a chocolate cake. I had wanted to do the Wilton Stand-up House with it. Is this cake stiff enough to do that? If not, I guess I'll just lay it on its side...

thank you!
*^_^*

calicopurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicopurr Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:57am
post #39 of 41
Quote:

this link doesn't work. Is the WASC recipe the original by kakeladi or by Rebecca S?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 May 2011 , 6:29am
post #40 of 41
WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 12:24pm
post #41 of 41

Has anyone used this recipe with the new cake mix that has a lesser amount?  I want to try this for a cake next weekend but not sure how it turns out with the new boxed mixes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%