Castle Wedding Cake For 35?!

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 20 May 2008 , 1:13pm by wgoat5

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:20am
post #1 of 12

OK, I have a couple who are enquiring about me making them a castle wedding cake like the Disneyland castle pictured below, but they only want 35 servings icon_confused.gif ! I think that at that size it is in danger of looking like a child's birthday cake. What sizes of cakes would you use, and how much would you charge? I've done a castle wedding cake before, but that was for 120 servings, I suppose you could eliminate the square cake the castle is standing on, but that would still give 48 servings!:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_810183.html

What would you tell this couple?!
LL

11 replies
akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:16am
post #2 of 12

First of all, your castle cake is beautiful! It seems to me that a castle cake requires a little grandeur, I just don't think it will look right with a 35 serving cake. I think if they want a castle cake they will just have to buy extra servings.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:29am
post #3 of 12

you could do a castle cake but you would have to charge more than for just the servings. You could do the center as cake and do the rest of the castle in styrofoam.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:09am
post #4 of 12

Well, I've suggested adding in styrofoam tier/s, or just putting a customised styrofoam castle topper onto a 2 tier cake (the easiest and cheapest option!). We;ll see what they say - I'm doing this through a wedding planner, so it's all a bit disjointed, but at least she agreed that a Disney castle for 35 was going to be difficult!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:44am
post #5 of 12

48 is not that much more, if you ask me...or the slices can be bit larger than planned for the 35 cake. Of course more money for them, but if they want it to look any way mature - rather than a kids' birthday cake - you'll need the extra room to work with, and they will need to adjust to it.

Your cake picture you attached is lovely....you do such lovely work!!! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 12

It's ok to tell a client, "You can't have that design for only that many people .... here's what we can do instead...."

My example is a bride who wants a 5-tier cake for 75 people. Sorry ... I can't do that.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 May 2008 , 12:58pm
post #8 of 12

Ohh I like #2 icon_smile.gif for a wedding

wgoat5 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #9 of 12

Here's another one ... looks cute.. the couple could be a bride and a groom icon_smile.gif

By Tuggy
LL

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:10pm
post #10 of 12

I like #2 as well.. it is really nice for a wedding. thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:12pm
post #11 of 12

Here is two more icon_smile.gif
LL
LL

wgoat5 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:13pm
post #12 of 12

I know they would feed a lot more then you need but... you could scale them down... use different colors.. even do all white.. with light shades of the brides colors icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%