Disaster! Cake Due Tomorrow! Help!!!

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 24 May 2008 , 11:43am by springlakecake

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:02am
post #31 of 43

So do we see lots of choclate cake balls in your future. I dont have my cakes sink often but when they do I swear that one of my children or husband went jumping around the kitchen to sabotage the cake so they can get cake balls out of it. They know if the cake is unusable then I throw it in the freezer for cakeballs in the future.

Good luck with the rest of the cake.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:12am
post #32 of 43

"So do we see lots of choclate cake balls in your future."

LOL!!! You bet! My hubby is laughing....I think he's guilty! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:07pm
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSabatano

So do we see lots of choclate cake balls in your future. I dont have my cakes sink often but when they do I swear that one of my children or husband went jumping around the kitchen to sabotage the cake so they can get cake balls out of it. They know if the cake is unusable then I throw it in the freezer for cakeballs in the future.

Good luck with the rest of the cake.

You are soooo funny icon_lol.gif My DH and DS love cake scraps. Over the years i've gotten really good at making my cakes level..hardly any scraps anymore. So when i made my last minute cake the other day, i over filled my pan on purpose. I knew i would have to level it..thus giving them a treat. I'm gonna go get some chocolate today so that i can make the cake balls for them.

yummymummy Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:01pm
post #34 of 43

I'M DONE!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif WHOO HOOO!! I'm doing a little dance in my chair...I'm done I'm done I'm done!

Thanks so much to all of you! You were so helpful! The final cake ended up being about 5 1/2 " tall with the small 8"cake on top. I didn't finish until the last minute ....an I'm not exagerating! Went to bed at 1 AM this morning and woke at 5 to ice it. After making 2 double batches of bc, I realized it still wasn't enough. I had to send my dh (very dear!) to the store early to get more crisco cause I was out! What a pain this cake was...but well worth it. The learning experience was priceless and my customer and all of her guests were amazed! thumbs_up.gif I couldn't have done it w/o you!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL

yummymummy Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:03pm
post #35 of 43

Here's another picture:
LL

yummymummy Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #36 of 43

Ok, last one I promise! icon_lol.gif
LL

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 May 2008 , 6:06pm
post #37 of 43

Aww that is adorable!!! I LOVE the colors!!! gotta go comment on your pic now icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:53pm
post #38 of 43

That adorable cake was the PITA ?? You would never have known! Great work !

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 18 May 2008 , 8:08pm
post #39 of 43

wow its so cute!! I never would have known it was last minute (it was, right? i didn't read the whole thread icon_redface.gif). great job!

yummymummy Posted 18 May 2008 , 8:43pm
post #40 of 43

Thanks! It wasn't last minute, but since the original cakes were a complete disaster...the baking of the new cakes were last minute! icon_smile.gif

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #41 of 43

icon_mad.gif Ok- First the cake is adorable. Second- this thread was a jinx. I have 3 cakes for this weekend and the one due sat morning, both levels of my cake sank . Mine never sank and I dont know what caused it. (Everyone was in bed so there was no sabotage by my DH and kids this time )

Back to baking I go.

yummymummy Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:15pm
post #42 of 43

Oh I'm so sorry KSabatano! Mine never sank before either! I hope everything works out for you. You can always do what I did and level the top of the cakes and use each seperate cake as a layer with the filling in between. icon_smile.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 May 2008 , 11:43am
post #43 of 43

awww cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%