? About Candy Melts

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 15 May 2008 , 9:47pm by ShortcakesSweets

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 7

I'm guessing that candy made from candy melts would have to be refrigerated if not used right away. My question is, how long will they keep after being refrigerated?

6 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 7

I would not say that they need to be refrigerated unless you're worried about melting because you're in a very warm environment. Candy melts should keep for quite a long time.

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 7

They will last as long as you keep them. I have never refridgerated them and they haven't broken down, melted or anything. I just keep on the counter, or in the pantry and re-heat the candy if I need to or just use up the molded stuff.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 7

If you refrigerate it the cocoa butter will bloom. Doesn't really hurt it but it looks ugly.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 7

I didn't think they needed to be refrigerated either. What in it would need to be?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 7

Unless it's really warm where you are don't put them in the fridge. They will either discolor or get condensation which can leave pits on the surface or at least dull down the shine.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for this info. I thought they needed to be because I made some yesterday and left them on the counter and they were getting soft. But I haven't turned my ac on yet and it was a tad warm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%