I Need Advice For Making Cupcakes This Weekend...

Decorating By lovetofrost Updated 15 May 2008 , 3:30pm by cupcakemkr

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 3

I haven't made cupcakes before and I am making 24 for a 1 yr old b-day party this weekend. The mom wants half chocolate and half yellow. Does anyone know a good recipe for yellow cupcakes. Is there anything special I need to know about making cupcakes. I am planning on using DH box mixes and adding pudding to them and maybe an extra egg? Also, I need them to be rounded on top b/c they will be ladybugs. I would really appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks.

2 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know that I can help you on the recipe part. I use DH mixes and don't alter them when I make cupcakes. As for making sure they're round on top, I'd just fill them at least 2/3 full (maybe just a tad more). They should rise perfectly. Many people try their best to figure out how to make them more flat.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 3

Hi - Cupcakes work the same way cake does, if you have a fav yellow cake recipe use that - here is the link for the WASC recipe from kakelady:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=584319&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

many rave about it, I have yet to try it but I am going to.

To get your cupcakes to dome more fill liner 2/3 full. Preheat you oven to 400 degrees and bake the cc's for 5 minutes at 400 then turn down oven to 350 and bake for approx 13 more minutes, check them because different batters cook differently. As soon as a toothpick stuck in the center of one comes out clean remove them.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%