Is There A Chocolate Nfsc?

Baking By sunnigirl Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm by UltimateCakes

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 15

I have had really good luck with the NFSC recipe. Somewhere on CC I noticed a reference to NF choc. cookie. Does anyone have a variation on the NFSC recipe that includes chocolate? I didn't see anything in the recipe section on CC.

Thanks!!!
Sunnigirl

14 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 15

I use a Wilton version of the NFSC. Pretty much the same recipe, only half the sixe. And here is the chocolate version:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 oz. premelted baking chocolate

Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 min. on medium). Add the vanilla and sugar. Mix well. Combine the flour and the baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, adding by thirds. Mix only until combined. Mix in the chocolate. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4" thickness. (No need to chill). Cut into shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees, 10-12 minutes. (Baking time will depend on the size of the cookie).

sunnigirl Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 15

Thanks so much!
I rarely use baking chocolate. Do you melt according to pkg directions?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:36am
post #4 of 15

I use the pre-melted baking chocolate. (I think it's Nestle's....yellow box). The chocolate comes in 1 oz. packets (I thing there's 8 to a package) that you cut open and squeeze out the chocolate.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 15

I use this, it's the same one that is here on CC. I also dissolve the cocoa powder in the liquid, rather than add it with the dry ingredients. I think they get darker and more 'chocolatey' that way.
http://www.kitchengifts.com/chocolatecookies.html

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 15

Here's one i found on CC. I absolutely looove it! It is rich and chocolatey. Kinda tastes like a brownie. Not too sweet either. When you add you glaze for decoration it is the perfect sweetness. I will only use this from now on. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_id-add_box-6959.html

sunnigirl Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 15

These sound delicious!
Thanks everybody......can't wait to give them a try

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:48pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks for all the wonderful recipes.

alvarezmom Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:14pm
post #9 of 15

The chocolate recipe that is like the NFSC..it calls for 1 tsp expresso power I couldnt find it last night...how "off" would it taste if I didnt put it in?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:41pm
post #10 of 15

Just skip it, very little difference I would guess. I always leave coffee powder out if I think my SIL will eat it, he's not supposed to have coffee at all poor fella...

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

Here's one i found on CC. I absolutely looove it! It is rich and chocolatey. Kinda tastes like a brownie. Not too sweet either. When you add you glaze for decoration it is the perfect sweetness. I will only use this from now on. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_id-add_box-6959.html

I second this recommendation. I left out the espresso powder because I couldn't find any. Excellent flavor. I agree that they taste like brownies. Nothing but crumbs left behind.

alvarezmom Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 7:50pm
post #12 of 15

I'm so ecited now to try them out. I'll be staying up late making lots of goodies.....cupcakes, cookies, and cakes! I cant wait!

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:16pm
post #13 of 15

What is NFSC?

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:24pm
post #14 of 15

Never Fail Sugar Cookie

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 9:25pm
post #15 of 15

gotcha' thanks!