Rooster Or Chicken? Cake Carvers?

Decorating By Denae Updated 13 May 2008 , 12:59pm by veejaytx

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 4

hey all...i need to make a 3D rooster/chicken for bride who likes the gamecocks. what do you think would be the easiest way for me to this? any help or advice would be appreciated! thanks

3 replies
sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 4

Make the body out of cake (have the rooster in a sitting position) and the head out of RKT? That's the only way that comes to mind for me. Hopefully someone else can give more advice. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 4

My daughter just made a chicken out the of the Wilton 3-D duck pan this past weekend. Here's the picture:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1220408

That might be an option for you, almost no carving involved, she just changed the beak a little. Also, do a search in the galleries. I'm sure there are a lot of ideas there. Best of luck to you and don't forget to add a note here when it is finished so we can see it. icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 4

Here is one I made a couple of years ago for my mother's birthday.

I used the 3D duck pan, and added a layer cut to fit on the bottom to make him taller. Carved the head to make it more rooster shaped. Tail, etc. made from fondant. HTH a little.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%