Anyone Want To Help Me Create/design My Wedding Cake?! Lol

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 13 May 2008 , 12:33pm by Petit-four

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:13am
post #1 of 3

I'm (finally) getting married in August (we've been together about 12.5 years now)!

So, the wedding ceremony will be outdoors in a beautiful gazebo by the lake. We will then go to the reception at an Italian restaurant.

The colors are black & white with (pale) pink. (Although the pinks in SOME things aren't that pale.)

YES I'm making my own cake!!!

(We're only inviting maybe 50 people)

I'm going to do a cake dummy with a 6" real cake for us to cut, and bake sheet cakes to serve.

Anyone care to help me find some inspiration? I was just on CC a little while ago & was REALLY liking this cake in the "Popular" on the home page & now it's gone! icon_cry.gif I can't remember who made it either! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif It was all white squares, with gorgeous black piping...and I think red roses if I can remember correctly (fresh roses maybe?). I was thinking...maybe something like that but pink gumpaste roses instead of red fresh ones.

Or maybe something like that double-layered-fondant effect. Where you cover the cake in black (choc) fondant, let it set, and then cover the same cake in white fondant...and then carve away pieces of the white fondant in shapes to resemble flowers - how does that sound?

Where do I find one of those tilting tiered cake stands? Like the one the guy James used in the Food Network Cake Challenge for the Sweet 16 cake he did? Something like that would be cool with all pink gumpaste roses between black & white layers...

princess.gificon_razz.gif

2 replies
mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:38am
post #2 of 3

Ugh - I finally found the cake I was looking for!!!! It was on page 15 of most saved cakes!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=750673

I LOVE this cake! Maybe in alternating black & white bases, with alternating black & white piping with pink gumpaste roses...

oh...and that tilty board thingy...

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 3

That's a beautiful cake! Best wishes for your upcoming wedding... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%