What Type Of Icing Bags Do You Use?

Decorating By coreenag Updated 13 May 2008 , 7:00pm by psurrette

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

How do you fold the parchment paper? I always have a hard time with that (picture the icing coming out from the seam, the whole thing opening up...not good)

I just use a couple of pieces of Tape for the seam and it never seeps. As far as folding the paper, it's a technique, (dont know what they call it) of folding te paper into a cone shape. You have to start out with a triangle shape piece of paper though.

Once the cone is made, insert you tip then the icing. When your done just toss the paper and clean the tip.

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:04pm
post #32 of 42

Thanks for all the replies! I knew that there had to be a better alternative to the Wilton bags. I am going to see what I can find!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #33 of 42

thanx, i'll try again.

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:25pm
post #34 of 42

Ya I use the wilton ones too! But I have never had problems with the bags breaking on me!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:40pm
post #35 of 42

I use parchment paper and keel seal bags both depending on what I am doing. I love the keel seal bags they are great.

bmcd17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmcd17 Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #36 of 42

I know this was more so asking about types of icing bags, but the helpful hint was brought up about putting icing in saran wrap, then putting that into your icing bags. Newlywedws posted pictures showing how to do this, so I posted the link to that thread. They are on the very first page. Thought it may help!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-38404-icing.html+saran+wrap

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:30am
post #37 of 42

Thanks for the pictures... I now get it! You all are so great to share with the rest of us. It all makes sense to me now. Thank you again for putting the thread in this forum. It has saved me time, money, and tears... I went to the various web sites to see the prices; think I will start with the Kee Seal Ultra. I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to bags...
icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 May 2008 , 10:30am
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcd17

I know this was more so asking about types of icing bags, but the helpful hint was brought up about putting icing in saran wrap, then putting that into your icing bags. Newlywedws posted pictures showing how to do this, so I posted the link to that thread. They are on the very first page. Thought it may help!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-38404-icing.html+saran+wrap

That's who it was Newlyweds!! I couldn't remember! Thanks for that~ thumbs_up.gif

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:20am
post #39 of 42

I use my featherweight bags for the main colors of a cake (I am definitely going to try that saran insert method, thank you!!! thumbs_up.gif ). For smaller amounts of color I use parchment! The only time I've had a tear up is if it has been sitting too long, it seems the moisture sogs the parchment a bit.

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:44am
post #40 of 42

I use disposable bags. There's a local bulk/health food store that gets them from CK I think. They sell 100 for $12.00. Hardly ever use the feather weight bags.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:48pm
post #41 of 42

I have some wilton bags, but I also have Ateco bags that I found at a restaurant supply store. I like the canvas outside (plastic coating inside) and it never gets slippery. I don't find it difficult to wash the bags thoroughly at all. They just need a good soak and then wash them. Maybe I'm used to that since until three weeks ago I had been living without a dishwasher, so I'm used to having to wash everything! I can't stand the disposable. They get slippery, the seam bothers me, and they are too difficult to handle because they are so stiff. Maybe I'm not using a good brand of disposable though. Either way, I like my canvas bags.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:00pm
post #42 of 42

I use wilton because they are the cheapest. With acoupon at Michaels how can you go wrong. I never have a problem with the bursting. I have been using them for years. I have tried the ones from CK and I hate them They are too thick. I have tried the Keel brand very nice to work with but expensive. I use parchment when I have to but really dont like that either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%