Mmf On Cookie Question

Baking By busymom9431 Updated 26 May 2008 , 12:52am by ckdcr8r

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 5

Can anybody tell me if MMF would be ok to ship (it may be warm outside) but I plan to overnight the cookies. I am a little concerned it will either dry out or melt?!?!

Also, how do you attach the MMF to a NFSC?

Thank you Cookie Masters!

4 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 5

The best way to attach, in my experience is to use the same cutter and apply the fondant directly to the warm cookies as they come out of the oven. The heat melts the fondant and it adheres nicely....but you really have to have your ducks in a row to make this work.

The other way is to attach using a pastry brush and corn syrup as the glue. I prefer the heat method but more often then not, I am not organized enough to make it work.

As for shipping, they handle well when I have shipped them. MMF is pretty indestructable, I have found. Just don't make the mistake I made and try to ship (in hot weather) MMF cookies with chocolate accents....huge mess!

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 5

CakeDiva73
The only problem I will have with the "heat" method is that I am doing one cookie that has 3 colors on it. Any suggestions? It will be a baby bottle so white, blue and yellow.
Or should I accent with RI? If I allow the RI to dry will the fondant get as hard as a rock?
Thanks for your help!

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 10 May 2008 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

You can also adhere the MMF to the cookie with water. The cookie does not get soggy. I've accented with R.I before with no problems... good luck!

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:52am
post #5 of 5

I spray the backside of my fondant cutout with clear vanilla and stick it to the cookie. It sticks better than water and gives the cookie an extra burst of vanilla flavor. I also use that method along with the heat method. I found that if you stick the iced cookies back in the oven long enough, the sharp cut edge of the fondant softens and rounds out. I like the look and the cookies still stay soft.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%