Where Do You Find Cake Contests??

Decorating By jab Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm by justgale

missyssweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyssweets Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:25pm
post #31 of 56

Maybe Justgale should pick the theme (a nuetral person ) and name the time and place! If she is really up for it! Could be lots of fun! icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:39pm
post #32 of 56

State and county fairs are a great way to start. I would contact all the local town's (or look on their web sites) for upcoming fairs and such.

I would also check with your local ISIS and see if they have a schedule. And any cakeclubs in your area..

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:08am
post #33 of 56

If someone ends up organizing a contest or throwdown, please let me know, I'd really love to have a fun theme to bake icon_smile.gif

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:58am
post #34 of 56

I would absolutely love to do a contest on here. Someone had said before that there were theme of the month (TOTM) competitions at some point, where viewers voted for the top 2-3 cakes. I think that would be a really good thing to pick up. I agree with the separate categories for fondant and buttercream. If we can find a neutral party willing to post it then I say we start soon. Like the neutral party could pick a theme for the upcoming month (say October) and post it. Then all submissions would have to be sent to the neutral party by the last day of the month (Sept 30th). On the first day of the month (Oct. 1st) the neutral party would post the submissions and voting polls as well as the theme for the next month (Nov). Voting would last till the say... 14th? that would allow 2 weeks for voting to occur. anyone else following me?

missyssweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyssweets Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:38am
post #35 of 56

Tenna Marie, I am all in for that idea! Sounds like a great plan! Anyone interested in being the nuetral party?

Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 1:04am
post #36 of 56

Awsome! It took so long for anyone to respond I was afraid I had that ability to stop a thread dead in its tracks!! lol. Hopefully someone will agree to be our third party and we can get this going again!

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:10am
post #37 of 56

I'm also very interested in any type of contest/throwdown you have going on here!!! Keep me posted!! I"m so excited

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:51pm
post #38 of 56

Me too! me too!

I want to join a contest!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:00pm
post #39 of 56

Can I play too? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'd love to be involved in this contest! thumbs_up.gif

Teena_Marie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:36pm
post #40 of 56

I PMed someone to see if they would be willing to kinda lead this, but i still havent heard back yet. Ill let you know when/if I do.

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 9:40pm
post #41 of 56

Sorry I forgot to keep checking back on what everyone had posted. icon_redface.gif I'll look over what everyone has come up for rules and will try to post what I guess will be a contest for all thoese who consider themselves newbies later tonight. Guess since I'm going to be the unpartial third party I can make all the rules. icon_wink.gif Dinner is almost done so I'll work on this afterwards and hopefully will have something up for ya'll soon. That way everyone can start planning on what they want to make.
Sherri
PS possible themes:
birthdays (since mine is Sat)
Fall
Hurricanes or Storms (since I'm in Fl. I think this could be challangeing)
beach/water
A night at the movies
If you want to throw out your ideas hurry.

calivettie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:15pm
post #42 of 56

woohoo!
I'm so excited. newbie contest on its way!

As for possible themes:
i like birthdays (happy early bday justgale), but would we do an age range?
back to school
anniversary
halloween
Animals

I can't wait!!! icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:39pm
post #43 of 56

ohhh I would love to enter this contest

I love the animal theme, back to school, and anniversary.

Fall would be cool too!!!

Thanks for doing this!!!!! Cant wait!

justgale Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:01pm
post #44 of 56

Dinner is done and I've come up with a list of the rules. I made a list of everyone who said they wanted to enter and I have no idea if the polls will let me enter that many photos at a time or not. We may have to narrow it down to so many pictures per poll and then do a vote off of the winners from there. I'll figure that part out later. I did send Jackie an IM asking her if it was ok to go ahead with this. Don't want to make the founder of the site mad. Once I've heard back from her and if she says it's ok I'll go ahead and post the information.
Sherri

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 11:14pm
post #45 of 56

Just found this thread, and it sounds like fun! Can I play? Am I too late?
If I'm too late for this one, sign me up for the next!

Teena_Marie Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:17am
post #46 of 56

Happy early birthday justgale! and i live in FL too so i know what you mean about the hurricanes though we have been lucky and they have all skirted around us (hopefully you havent been in any of the bad area). Any theme would be fine with me. Just let us know, will the rules and stuff be posted on this thread? if not, then where? thanks so much for doing this!

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:22pm
post #47 of 56

So are we going to be able to have this contest?? Does anyone know yet?? I know there are a few threads going on about wanting to do contests again on cc, and nobody knows how to go about it. Hope that we can do this one!!

Jessica icon_smile.gif

jjkarm Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm
post #48 of 56

I was wondering the same thing?

Teena_Marie Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:30pm
post #49 of 56

I'm not sure, rules and stuff never got posted that Im aware of.

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #50 of 56

Just found this thread and I am SOO in if it happens!

justgale Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #51 of 56

AAARRRUUGGGGG!!!!! Itâs not letting me post a reply. Iâve been trying for the last 20 minutes or so. Donât know if this will go through or not. Anyway I havenât forgotten about the contest just havenât heard anything back yet. I figured itâs too late for this month so weâll just start on the fist of Oct. Iâll list the rules as the time gets closer. I will let everyone know itâs going to be one tier and the theme is going to be fall. This way everyone can start planning what they are going to do.
Sherri

Teena_Marie Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:02pm
post #52 of 56

awsome! I cant wait!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:32pm
post #53 of 56

I just found this thread. I'm so glad this hasn't started yet. icon_biggrin.gif

jjkarm Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:45pm
post #54 of 56

Yeah!!!! Keep us informed. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

calivettie Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm
post #55 of 56

woohoo! I can't wait!

justgale Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm
post #56 of 56

Hey eveyone I just sent 16 pm to all thoese who said they were interested in taking part in a contest. I also started a new thread with the rules http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-604766.html
IF this contest goes ok, we'll see about making it a monthly thing.
Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%